Awesome PIONEER CD P-D70!!

madpioneer

Just got this bad to the bone 1984 PIONEER P-D70 CD player in.Weighs almost 20Lbs! Opened it up to check out the build.Talk about a full chassis! Some overbuilding here I imagine? Found a burnt out lamp.Had it in stock and replaced it.It has a green cover that goes over it,and lights up the CD bay.There is a small window in the tray door and you see a green glow and can see the CD spinning inside,very COOL!
Even though its older technology the features are plentiful and nice.It has a great meter display something you do not see much when it comes to older players.
Weighs about as much as four SONY players of Today!
Sounds Awesome!! of course it's PIONEER!!

Go see it in the Gallery!!:D :yippy:

Hey Madpioneer my CD player weighs twice that much. I think you'd like it. It has a dual air lock mechanism and a complete copper chassis. It is used by more than one audio magazine as their reference player for both audio and video. Mine has never played a DVD.:D

Mike

Pro Ac Fan,
Please send the 'very heavy' PIONEER CD player too me for extinsive evaluation.I will pay shipping as it is 'very heavy'or I could arrange an armoured car pickup?
LOL:D
Very nice!! What are some of the features that you like most?
Did you get this new or got a great deal? Love those ELITE Models but don't like the prices:mad:

MadMark I bought it last summer at my local retailers. It was the last one he had and was brand new in the box. He only ever sold 3 of them including mine. I was just looking for a good CD player when I walked into the store. In fact I came very close to buying a Marantz player with a burner too but when I was offered the DV-09 for $1,100 CAN including taxes I couldn't refuse. Basically I got it at cost. You can buy a new one now in the $900USD range or a used one in the $500-$600 range on ebay. If I ever tire of it I'll let you know first. BTW the Elite Series is much nicer than Sony's ES series. I auditioned both of their best players and the Pioneer was the clear winner hands down.

The features I like most are the sound quality is amazing, the build quality is unsurpassed and it just plain reeks with panache. You don't see these in everybodys homes and I like that. The only down note is the remote which doesn't belong with a unit that retailed for more than $2,000 USD.

Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom