Aww, baby's first stereo.

stirfrizzle

I'm not counting the cheap all-in-one sony I bought off Craigslist when I was 13 for $100.

I purchased these components about 3 months ago, with the exception of the CD player, which is my dad's.

Gear is as follows:

• Polk Audio Monitor 50s (grillz are taken off for picture because they add some flair)
  • Harman Kardon HK3390 reciever
  • DCD 1500II
  • Asus laptop
  • (not pictured, a few feet in front of the right speaker) Polk Audio PSW10 Subwoofer
  • Also not pictured, a rather large stack of CDs

Upgrades soon (and not so soon) to come:

• Purchasing a HRT Music Streamer II DAC for the lappy.
  • Cleaning up, and getting some real shelves/racks.
  • Perhaps purchasing some blue jeans RCA cables. I'm currently running with cheap-o cables.
  • Replacing the PSW10 in favor of a more powerful, deeper sub. I misread the specs online and thought it went down to 25hz, instead of 35hz. :(
  • Gotta find myself a quality turntable for cheap. My previous turntable arrived lemon-on-arrival.

dsc0007tp.jpg

So there it is! Lemme know what you think. Are there any improvements I could make? Barring any several hundred dollar component upgrades, I wanna rest on my laurels for at least a year or two. ;)

Last edited:
My first setup was an AIWA rack system followed by a cheapie Kenwood integrated amp with some marginal speakers etc... that is quite a nice rig. Sadly, you have the fever from which there is no escape.

you are off to a great start! if you play music from your pc, a DAC (digital to analog converter) would be a nice upgrade. they can be had for cheap and can enhance your digital music in a big way.

happy listening! :music:

Cool, I would concentrate on uncluttering the system first losing the barstools,
candles books ect.. I would also use the bookshelf to neatly stack albums and
cd's. A dedicated audio rack in the center would really set it off.
When I was young and strapped for grass cutting cash I painted some
concrete blocks and boards red, stacked them as a 3 piece shelf to house
all my audio equipment. It was actually pretty neat in its day.

Nice sweet system! I think you are on a great path too, especially with the DAC and turntable. You can grab a decent inexpensive used table and hit a home run!

Thanks everyone! I'm really trying to find a good rack/shelf unit for my components right now. After that comes the DAC, then some new cables, then a turntable...

Back
Top Bottom