AXPONA Chicago April 21-23, 2017 - Who's going?

Man I envy you guys gettting to see all this gear in one place. I see the skogrand cable room had modright gear? I see the KWA 150 SE amp, the PH-150 phono stage and one item I don't recognize? It looks like it may be Dan's new TOTL preamp? He told me he was going to try to get it ready for the show.

[ATTACH=full said:

Man I envy you guys gettting to see all this gear in one place. I see the skogrand cable room had modright gear? I see the KWA 150 SE amp, the PH-150 phono stage and one item I don't recognize? It looks like it may be Dan's new TOTL preamp? He told me he was going to try to get it ready for the show.
A couple of rooms had the Modwright version of the new Oppo Sonica DAC. It's hard to give full judgment on unfamiliar systems, but they sounded pretty good. Modwright feels it's their best sounding work yet. It's outside of my budget though (but I do, however, have it on my short list of upgrades ;) ). Suppose I could sell a kidney on eBay?
Those were cool, and among the most unique offerings at the show (speaker-wise). I gave them a good bit of a listen and didn't find them to be terrible in any way, though I'd like to reserve final judgement until after I could hear them more. But they didn't send me from the room!
Kind of funny about those Volya speakers--they did drive me from the room. Actually turned around and walked out after about 30 seconds. I wasn't a fan of the overly-punchy sound (and--not surprisingly--the hard rock they were playing through them). Interesting to look at, but nothing I could live with.

Back
Top Bottom