[B]There Is Only One name In Pioneer Refurberation...pustelniakr [/B]

Edriz

AK Member
I purchased a Pioneer CT-F950 cassette deck from a fellow AKer that had a couple problems when I bought it. I knew of the problems before I bought it and the price was right. I contacted AK's own RichP, aka pustelniakr, because he is known to being the one to go to for Pioneer tape deck rebuilds.

When I explained what was going on with this deck, he said it would be no problem and to go ahead and ship it out to him but to expect it to take a bit of time as he is very busy.

I had the person I bought it from ship it directly to pustelniakr and as soon as it arrived he sent me a very professional estimate and invoice.

I don't want to draw this out to a long story but he explained completely what the original problem is, what else needed to be done and what should be done to bring the deck up to a good high quality working standard.

I agreed with his recommendations and I'm not sure I should say this but I'm going to just so you all know what a wonderful person he really is. He not only repaired the original problems at NO charge but made a few other adjustments that had something to do with the brightness of the LED lights at NO charge. Gave me a hell of a deal on his labor costs which he didn't have to do. All the other work done was tested and retested and under his own full warranty and I got to say, you should see how he packed this thing.

Years ago, I had a CT-F900 I bought brand new. Pioneer can take some lessons from RichP on packing. Not only was it DOUBLE boxed, it was completely surrounded with styrofoam. Not just the sided of the box. The top, bottom and he also made a special "cover" for the front of the deck so no matter how FedEx handled the box, it would have been impossible to damage any of the knobs, buttons or switches.

This is one rare man that truely cares about what he does and you can see the he really enjoys doing his work. Anyone that puts so much attention and pride in his craft is to be commended and noticed. This is something rare these days. Please know, I'm not exagerating one bit. I'm just so pleased to have the 950 sitting on my rack and knowing that because of Rich's (pustelniakr) expertise, I'll be having years of uninterupted use from one great piece of vintage equipment.

Once Again, Thank You Rich, aka, pustelniakr

In Japan, they officially designate certain people as "Living National Treasures", akin to national monuments, national parks, etc... except that they are people! Testimonials like this one (and others) make it clear who the "Living AK Treasures" are! :yes:

...But is he as good at refurbishment, as he is at refurberation? I don't care for echoes-oes-oes-oes in my audio gear...
:D

Plus one more for Rich. Technical competence, conscientious and generous with sharing his wide ranging knowledge of equipment and repair.

Thank you gentlemen. I don't know what to say. I guess I'll just keep my mouth shut (pretty rare with me).

Ed, you take care of that 950, you here? She sings real pretty. Keep her clean and demagged, and work those controls regularly, to keep them from oxidizing and causing problems.

Enjoy,
Rich P

god bless that 950, the hands that worked on it, and the hands that will use it-- i had to send her on and i hope she lives long and makes old ed a happy man.

god bless that 950, the hands that worked on it, and the hands that will use it-- i had to send her on and i hope she lives long and makes old ed a happy man.

Jim, Rich did one hell of a job on the 950. Not only does it perform and sound like new, it looks so good you'd think it was 1979 all over again.

It sure is purty!!

Ed

Thank you gentlemen. I don't know what to say. I guess I'll just keep my mouth shut (pretty rare with me).

Ed, you take care of that 950, you here? She sings real pretty. Keep her clean and demagged, and work those controls regularly, to keep them from oxidizing and causing problems.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Will do, and the cleaning fluids and demag are on the way!! I even found a new Nortronics!!

Brought my Pioneer CT-F1000 to outstanding working condition. It's all about the details for Rich and it shows in his work.

Back
Top Bottom