B&W DM2/series II, curb alert score, opinions

Looks like half the bass drivers in my 802 Matrices. I’d pull those guys out from the wall a little bit.....

May not need a recap. All three of my B&W have what can be called a laid back treble sound, that is why I love them. They would work great in these new minimalist looking homes and apartments with echo chamber rooms.

I agree about probably not needing a recap. I also like the laid back treble, not at all fatiguing. Seems to kinda blend into the surroundings. My main listening room has hardwood floors will minimal carpeting so sound reflections are a real thing. My AR3's during a cymbal crash set off my glass break sensors in that room it was so bright.

Just came across this thread while I was researching DM2's. I did notice that the dustcaps on the mids of yamaha53's set are somewhat larger than on the originals as on MannyE's set.

I wonder if this changes the sound appreciably - compared to the originals...

Just came across this thread while I was researching DM2's. I did notice that the dustcaps on the mids of yamaha53's set are somewhat larger than on the originals as on MannyE's set.

I wonder if this changes the sound appreciably - compared to the originals...

I would think so. Those dust caps are HUGE on this mids. They have to weigh more and cover almost all of the cone completely changing the dispersion pattern.

That's what I was thinking. Plus the front of the dustcap being forward of its normal position slightly alters the timing of the wavefront relative to that of the other drivers.

Back
Top Bottom