B&W Owners Thread

Discussion in 'British Audio' started by wgb113, Mar 10, 2016.

1. longgone

longgone AK Subscriber Subscriber

Anyone using 801 Nautilus for 2 channel?

2. Roadrash

Roadrash AK Subscriber Subscriber

I've never owned a pair of speakers I could bi-wire before my CDM1s, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I was not impressed.

3. fredcohiba

fredcohiba AK Subscriber Subscriber

Just got a pair of 805N speakers. Using them in main system replacing PMC TB2i which will now do duty as my office speakers. A quick review: The PMC were awesome, everything I wanted. Then I put in the B&W to compare and everything sort of opened up. The sense of sounds coming from speaker boxes was gone - I didn't notice it was there before - the area where the speakers are located is full of sound. Up, down, left, right and forward and back. It is impressive. The speakers are mounted in the exact same spot on the same stands etc. I did not notice too much in terms of sound difference from low freq to high although the B&W are rated a tad lower. Both the B&W and PMC have very nice highs, but there is a mid spot where I believe I can hear a more warmth with the B&Ws.

Vintagear likes this.
  4. montrecott

montrecott My groove, your move Subscriber

Good point on Matrix and Nautilus being elite lines of speakers compared to the DM line, (although some DM speakers have been pretty expensive). The DM series actually goes back to the pre-digital 1960's, and stands for Domestic Monitors, as noted here. I'm listening to jazz on my early 70's DM4's right now and loving it.

Oldsansui441 likes this.
  5. Vintagear

Vintagear Super Member

I have the 805D2 with a REL S/2 Sub in the main room. They check all the boxes for me. The folks at Steyning definitely know what they are doing. I also have CM5s in another room.

[​IMG]

montrecott and Roadrash like this.
  6. psychoaudio

psychoaudio I didn't do it Subscriber

Anyone can tell me the difference between a CM9 VS CDM9? Thank you

7. psychoaudio

psychoaudio I didn't do it Subscriber

Anyone?

Steelydan71 likes this.
  8. Roadrash

Roadrash AK Subscriber Subscriber

A
    Apparently the CM9 is more for home theater, the CDM9 is for hifi. CDM9 has the tweeter on top of an angled cabinet like other CDM series speakers. Google is your friend.

9. Old Ears too

Old Ears too Well-Known Member

How much power do DM602's need to sound nice?
    As a point of ref, my Infinity Column II's don't need a lot.