B & W Pics

In my opinion, George Hurrell was the Ansel Adams of portraiture. I love his Hollywood glam shots!!

Very nice shot! :thmbsp:

Thanks guys! I figure that Hurrell would be the ideal to aim for, even if I don't get quite there. We set up a "video assist" of sorts so I could see how the light was working. In retrospect, I would add a hairlight from the right, but it still turned out okay with just one light and a reflector.

Some misc. B&W shots of mine.

P48391683.jpg

PA310319.jpg

P1295341.jpg

P1293357.jpg

P1294311.jpg

Last edited:
I've been commenting, so I figure I should post a few. These are just a couple I took with my daughter on one of our evening photo walks.

BWFrame.jpg

bwrail2.jpg

Thanks. This is an old warehouse shop building in town. I could spend days shooting there and not get bored.

Thanks, we hear that particular spot in the track go ka-clunka-ka-clunka many times each day. Glad I like trains. :D

Is it or isn't it?

Taken at a NJ encampment. This photo was not posed or requested.

Attachments

• IMG_2593-2.jpg
    IMG_2593-2.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Here are some I shot at Harpers Ferry, W. Va. a couple of weekends ago.
They have been manipulated in PS with a technique I have been experimenting with.
Hope you like them.

P7110096.jpg

P6110173.jpg

P7110081.jpg

P6110111.jpg

Since this thread has been languishing... at least until today I figured I should post a few. These are of one of my favorite subjects in our yard. I just got my new strobist light setup, so I was out having fun. Off camera flash seems like it is going to be a blast.

cherubbw.jpg

cherub2bw-2cloned.jpg

a couple old ones,,

Derry

Attachments

• P4132512 - Copy.jpg
    P4132512 - Copy.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 27
  • P4012453.jpg
    P4012453.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 24
Here are some I shot at Harpers Ferry, W. Va. a couple of weekends ago.
They have been manipulated in PS with a technique I have been experimenting with.
Hope you like them.

I like the high contrast going on. Very punchy and in your face. How do they look printed?

Back
Top Bottom