B & W Pics

View attachment 784317
I meessed around with this b/w pic on Silver Efex and it looked great but the size of it was 103 X 68 inches! After reduction it lookscrap by comparison. There's a woman at a window wearing a white top with lace on her shoulder and the pattern is a flower. I'll never get the hang of uploading photos properly.

View attachment 784293
This one looks a wee bit better but still soft.
View attachment 784316

You are uploading the image to AK, which compresses the files greatly. If I download the monochrome one and look at the properties, it is 800x533 pixels and only 103kB. If you upload to a photo sharing site like Flickr and insert the link to the URL of the photo in your post here, you can get any size file you wish to display. Just click on the "image" icon above your message (the one that looks like a mountain and sun) and insert the URL.

You are uploading the image to AK, which compresses the files greatly. If I download the monochrome one and look at the properties, it is 800x533 pixels and only 103kB. If you upload to a photo sharing site like Flickr and insert the link to the URL of the photo in your post here, you can get any size file you wish to display. Just click on the "image" icon above your message (the one that looks like a mountain and sun) and insert the URL.

Thanks. I must admit, going down from 5'7" X just over 8' to just a few inches is quite a bit of compression!

28852579823_9d250a50b2_c.jpg

^^^ I thought the last shot of that series you posted that shot in originally would look good in B&W too. The curves, lighting and sky would make for some interesting tones I think.

Back
Top Bottom