B250 Brake lines...

knockbill

Lunatic Member
Finished replacing the brake lines yesterday,,, seems Dodge used a larger nut, instead of an adapter to fasten the first line to the proportioning valve... I couldn't find the male thread size for it online, ended up taking the line to the parts guy... Adapter size is 3/8-24F to 9/16-18M inverted flare,,, in case any one runs into this.... Summit has a 3 adapter kit with different common sizes for 10bux... pretty good deal if you can wait for shipping....

Shocks are expected in Tuesday,,, I'll be glad to get out from under this truck,,, 30year maintenance is almost done!!!!!

so they do what ford did for OBS trucks at the M/C....you can get them ordered at like advancezone in bag of 10 or so

I guess its cheaper for them to make/buy one larger nut than an adapter and a separate nut for the line...
You can order em anywhere if ya know fitting type and thread size... It was a leap of faith for me, taking lines off a 30+ YO truck... I figured the line would twist or break at one end, and then I couldn't drive it, unless they had the proper fitting in stock... Only other thoughts I had were cutting a line/fitting off a junk yard truck,,, or using the original nut and get it fitted to a new piece of line... Luckily he had the fitting!!!

I usually recycle the old nuts when they are odd sizes like this. I hate flaring brake lines, but its really the only way to get one piece runs from front to rear without a bunch of unions.

That was a thought,, I don't have a double flare tool, tho... Dodge used 2 unions, so it worked out...

I bought one when I replaced the oil tank for the furnace. The difference in price between one that only does single flares and one that does double flares was only a couple bucks. I figure I've got more cars than heaters. It won't do bubble flares unfortunately, and I have a mix of bubble and doubles on my stuff.

I have a couple single flare tools,, one from a HVAC course I took,, the other is military... Guess I could get the inserts for double flares, but never needed to make them,,, local parts house will make em if you get line there... I just use pre made lengths with fittings,, always worked out fine...

Back
Top Bottom