B250 rear springs,,,

knockbill

Lunatic Member
again!!! Looks like the other thread got lost along with my "Your Content" file with the last AK revamp...

Didn't rain yesterday, so I removed L side spring... Used most of the thoughts talked about in the old thread, except for cutting wheel and cutting torch... Got all the bolts out in one piece, but it wasn't easy!! Painted the hardware and spring, so it could be installed this morning... Spent the rest of the day removing R spring... Actually got it out without removing the eye bolt!! The top of the spring eye was broken in half... Got the second spring painted ready to install tomorrow...
Only advice I can offer to anyone considering RnR old truck leaf springs... If you are stuck doing it alone,,, don't wait til you're 70!!!! Freakin things are really heavy and awkward!!!!

Spring swaps aren't a lot of fun, leaf springs especially. The most annoying (to me anyway) part of it is the dirt and rust falling in your face while working underneath of things. I've taken to wearing safety glasses under cars anymore.

Springs are installed,,, just need a bigger torque wrench for eye bolts.... Next time I do this,, there will be help available!!

My son came up last weekend... he pulled the eye bolt nut around another half turn,, figured I didn't get it all!!!

Back
Top Bottom