BA-5000 on the Bay !

Rack handles?

I see this last model has rack handles, does this mean it is an early-model BA5000?

Fernando

It should be a mistake,
I see both these auctions offer Ba-5000's with their rackhandles, aswell as all the others I've seen before.

Man Beetlefred , that one looks sweet.... and its close to me, i may have to bid on that one...:) Gotta talk to the wife though...:whip:

All BA-5000's have metal handles and side rails built into it. They are practically a necessity, unless your name is Arnold Schwarzenegger, and you dont need them to be able to lift and carry such a huge amp thats built like a tank for heavy duty use, or your name is Mr Whoever, and simply enjoy putting yourself at risk of a hernia :D

B/F (ps- if anyone does live nearby to a BA-5K thats for sale, its a definite advantage- believe me, this is one amplifier where its mutually beneficial to the seller & buyer that a transaction be done in person- and bypass the packing/shipping process altogether, as was the case with 2 of my 3 BA-5K's).

If anyone is thinking of bidding on it, I suggest being aware of those last second snipe bids.

B/F

BTW, I contacted the seller- this particular unit is an early model, July 1975. As I mightve mentioned before, I know the BA-5K was made in '76 & '77 (latest s/n Ive seen is April 77), but just about all of the ones Ive seen for sale, (though, there havent been that many for sale out there) seem to be '75 units. Still waiting to see if there is a '78 out there....

B/F

Back
Top Bottom