Babylon Berlin WOW! (Netflix)

soundmotor

super modified
Set in 1929 right before the US stock market crash and pre-Hitler, this is an amazing outing. Interesting and detailed plot lines set against a spectacular backdrop of sets, costuming, and period correct items. Adult content, sex, drugs, and general malfeasance, the story settles on a detective trying to track down blackmail material in order to prevent political scandal. For me at least it's hard not to keep hitting play when one ends. Netflix put up 2 seasons so there are 16 eps and there is potential for a 3rd season, it's been funded -

https://www.inquisitr.com/4764597/babylon-berlin-netflix-true-fiction/

B_0917_Rise_Berlin_Babylon_3.jpg

Finished it last night, binged the last 4. This is (for me) quite possibly the best series I've watched yet. The last eps were intense w/ the SA Brownshirts finally showing up (as well as Brian Ferry & his orchestra). Good grief, the production company spent 50 million euros(!) on 16 episodes and it shows, just fantastic. And the music was excellent as well, picking up the soundtrack. Watch it in German w/ subtitles too, I can't wait for season 3!

Watched the first episode. It is well done!

Many, many players that take awhile to sort out. It wasn't until ep 4 that it all started to click for me.

As an aside, the Art Deco and Bauhaus furniture & design found throughout is great if you have any interest in that. Bauhaus is all through the police station, it was originally intended as good design from simple/inexpensive materials, while Art Deco is seen in the club, police chief's office, and in the homes. Really an eyeball treat.

Back
Top Bottom