Back to the drawing board...

WildWest

Well it was fun but my DIY dual isobaric sub project based on the ACI 12 inch driver didn't quite pan out. I don't think I had a problem with power from the Soundcraftsman 250 wpc amp and the Dahlquist active xover is a goodie and working fine. I just don't think the drivers had the excursion needed for all the types of music I like. Also maybe I should not have put the stuffing that came with the kit in the box as that makes the driver see a larger enclosure and the enclosures were sized correct to begin with.
They did do some music very well. The bass was much more seamless in the room. No boomyness to it, nice and fast as it were.

So now in my very limited spare time I want to embark on a new project. I have a good amp, active xover etc. I just need to find drivers. Shiva? Hmmmmm pretty decent excursion. Stryke, better yet. I want to build a cabinet that is proven with a great sub driver. A cabinet I can make smaller but stuff full to fool the driver into thinking the cabinet is larger. The iso subs were just a bit to damn large.

What have you seen out there if anything? Sealed box equals bonus points. :)

Back
Top Bottom