Back up and running - the sequel

Man, someone is going to have to really pull a rabbit out of a hat, to do something to deserve 2016 Member of the Year, over what Frannie (buglegirl) just did.

Just saying. :biggrin: :thumbsup:

(BTW: Only reason I didn't mention Luther (Wardsweb) for this, is that AK admin have declared themselves ineligible for AK MOTY, the way I understand it...)

Regards,
Gordon.

It wasn't a XenForo issue. This was server config issue brought about by Elasticsearch.

Doesn't Elasticsearch use Java as a foundation? Not saying Java is necessarily a bad thing- but it as a foundation, would explain why problems can get hairy, real quick. The sheer power there within Java, is definitely something that seems like it could be a double-edged sword, from what little I know about it... it all depends on how good the person implementing the software, is...

Thanks to the dedicated staff for getting the site back up and running. And a big thanks to Frannie too for her help.

I logged into AudioKarma through the downtime. At least the one in my avatar.....

Man, someone is going to have to really pull a rabbit out of a hat, to do something to deserve 2016 Member of the Year, over what Frannie (buglegirl) just did.

She can have my spot right now, but hell she's always member of the year anyways with what she does around here. She always has the best interest of AK and helping others at heart, what more can you ask from any member on a site. In my eyes this behavior is what always stands out with Frannie....

Man, someone is going to have to really pull a rabbit out of a hat, to do something to deserve 2016 Member of the Year, over what Frannie (buglegirl) just di
Just saying. :biggrin: :thumbsup:

(BTW: Only reason I didn't mention Luther (Wardsweb) for this, is that AK admin have declared themselves ineligible for AK MOTY, the way I understand it...)

Regards,
Gordon.

Who cares about the rabbit, I have a possum that I need pulled out! :(

Who cares about the rabbit, I have a possum that I need pulled out! :(

My mom once had a possum as a pet. If she were still among the living, I'd ask her how to do that. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you... :D

Regards,
Gordon.

Thank you to everyone who had a part in getting AK up and running again and rescuing us all from The sucking :no:
~Dave~ :p

Luther, Frannie, and everyone else who pulled this thing together - thank you.

giphy.gif

Just woke up and checked the computer and AK is back
hugging_computer.gif
Seriously, folks the last few days has been a nightmare. all the washing & ironing is up to date, the house is spotless, even the windows, the garden is no longer a forest of weeds, learnt to speak 3 languages and lost 10 kilos. Please don't ever leave me again AK it was awful.

Thank you Frannie and Luther, luv your work, AK was missed.

Add me to the list of people who had a weekend where I realized just how much I relied on AK... I had to make a decision to buy a pile of gear based on MY OWN JUDGMENT ALONE. If nothing else scares you that should :)

Hiya,

Doesn't Elasticsearch use Java as a foundation? Not saying Java is necessarily a bad thing- but it as a foundation, would explain why problems can get hairy, real quick. The sheer power there within Java, is definitely something that seems like it could be a double-edged sword, from what little I know about it... it all depends on how good the person implementing the software, is...

Yes indeed it does utilize Java but that was not what caused it to take the site off line. It was more a careful reallocation of resources that needed to be done.

Frannie

Are we needing to up the contributions for more/better servers? If so if someone will PM me I will see what I can throw in. Anything that will make these amazing peoples lives easier and out site more stable I'm in.

good job people ... is that the cause of lose of a few days posts and PMs ???

thanks again
John M

good job people ... is that the cause of lose of a few days posts and PMs ???

thanks again
John M
Yep would be near impossible to merge into the "Roll Back" and the Database was somewhat suspect anyhow.

Frannie

Back
Top Bottom