Bad Karma for tubeampking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also had problems with him on an order. I had sold him some tubes with no problems and a super smooth transaction. Then I asked him if he needed any other tubes and he said yes and gave me a list. So I gathered up 4 tubes that he wanted and had them ready to ship. He said that he would pp me in the morning. Well a couple of days went by with no word, so I sent him a reminder and got no response. Then another week went by so I sent him another reminder and got no response. After 3 or 4 weeks and 4 reminders he finds ally responded and did not have a clue about what I was talking about. I then again explained what I had for him and he then changed his mind and only wanted 2 of them. It was no problem so I took them out and he paid me and I sent them.
After all of that I was a bit worried about him and wanted to ask him if he was alright but I kind of thought that was being a bit nosey. I saw how busy he was on AK so I just figured that he had a bunch of irons in the fire and it just slipped his mind. I follow this thread and every time I get an alert about it I am hoping to see that he has responded to it and saying that he is fine. Prayers to him and his family.

Well I sent the letter out May 1 and today is the 9th. I have heard nothing back. I would think it has been delivered
by now and hopefully opened and read by someone. If I don't get any response by the end of the week I will write
another and send it certified with signature required. At least we will see who signs for it or if it gets refused. The length
of time since Bill has contacted or posted is cause for genuine concern.
No real news yet, just an update on the lack of it.

One option is to call the local PD and inquire if there was an incident that they are aware of. I had thought about that earlier, but I feel it crosses the line in a way I am not comfortable with. I do hope he's alright.

I would not hesitate to call the Police to perform a "Welfare Check" on an individual or family that for the most part, is out of character, (no contact, etc.).
One option is to call the local PD and inquire if there was an incident that they are aware of. I had thought about that earlier, but I feel it crosses the line in a way I am not comfortable with. I do hope he's alright.

I talked to Bill via phone on April 27th. When I asked if he was ok he said no and didn't elaborate. He did say he would ship out my tube amp that I paid for, but still have not received. I just left a VM and mentioned this thread. Will post up when I have more information.
Bob

Well that is great news that someone has made contact with him as recently as two weeks. But it's equally disconcerting that he said he was not okay with no other details provided. Seems like we are in the same boat waiting on items we have paid for. I'd love for you to PM me his phone number so I can try calling him as well since you're the only one I know of with his number. I also understand if you are uncomfortable sharing that information of Bill's. Thank you for sharing and trying to make contact. Hope you hear back soon.

I talked to Bill via phone on April 27th. When I asked if he was ok he said no and didn't elaborate. He did say he would ship out my tube amp that I paid for, but still have not received. I just left a VM and mentioned this thread. Will post up when I have more information.
Bob
Any updates on trying to reach Bill via phone? Thanks.

Left another VM this morning.
I will write
another and send it certified with signature required. At least we will see who signs for it or if it gets refused.
bandg69 did you get a response?
Thanks
Bob

Left another VM this morning.

bandg69 did you get a response?
Thanks
Bob

I thought about this quite a bit yesterday. I have gotten no response and no letter returned.
I will try to find the receipt today and see if delivery was attempted. I don't see why it wouldn't
have been but you never know.

I thought about this quite a bit yesterday. I have gotten no response and no letter returned.
I will try to find the receipt today and see if delivery was attempted. I don't see why it wouldn't
have been but you never know.
Any news?
Bob

Nothing yet. Haven't been able to find receipt but haven't had letter returned
and no signature card returned. I've been trying to hunt down a phone number
with no luck although that probably wouldn't do any good as someone earlier
in this thread stated they tried to call with no response. I am not really sure if Bill
has a wife or family he lives with or not. Seriously concerned for his well being

Is there a member in his area that can check up on him? He used to be a regular poster on here and it sounds like something terrible has happened to him.

BillWojo

If someone talked to him recently then I think the issue is with Bill getting himself in over his head in some way. I like him very much but this is turning into another bad deal like Ronnie's daughter for many folks. Unless he's in ICU or in jail, there is no excuse for this continued delay w/ no communication and holding people's paid for items. I checked the Sheriff's Dept to see if he is in the clink and nothing shows, there is no obit for him or anyone from his family in Oneida. Let's just cut to the chase, Bill you need to make right on your deals. Communication is far better then leaving folks hanging, your rep is on the line here now and you have plenty of friends here who will understand as long as you make contact here on the board via PM's at least

Sorry, I went through this with another AK'er here over my preamp, I gave him 6 months and never got my preamp back. I don't want to see others go through the same crap and be out money and/or equipment. A few hundred dollars worth of stuff is not worth a reputation

I talked to him 4/27/2017. Just a brief convo but he said he would send my amp. Still no amp. Myself and a few other members have left numerous VM's since I talked to him. Another member has sent a certified letter.
Had a couple deals with the king, good fella. If contact is made and I can help recover any items let me know, I'm about an hour or so away.
I think it is time someone tries to make face to face contact.
truck99 are you able to head over there anytime soon?

Sorry I meant to post but have been swamped. Certified letter was returned to me unclaimed.
At this point I am really concerned. Bill was always good to work with and never a problem.
As far as my incomplete deal the money didn't even go to him so I know I wasn't ripped off and I don't think anybody sent him enough that he would just drop out of sight. That is not who he is. I don't have a good feeling for his well being.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom