Bad Karma for tubeampking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This does not sound good folks! I hope all is well with him?
Concerned,
Jim

Unless he's in ICU or in jail, there is no excuse for this continued delay w/ no communication and holding people's paid for items.
Yep I agree
I went through this with another AK'er here over my preamp, I gave him 6 months and never got my preamp back.

This is happening a lot around here lately. My advice, don't ship equipment to other members to work on. If you have a member thats local to you and you know where they live and have become friends, that's another story.

I live about a half hour from truck99.
I be willing to make the drive to Utica with Tim .
Don't know how I'd handle just showing up at the guy's front door but I'm willing to find out just for closure on this.
I'll contact Tim.

Bob

Sorry, I went through this with another AK'er here over my preamp, I gave him 6 months and never got my preamp back. I don't want to see others go through the same crap and be out money and/or equipment. A few hundred dollars worth of stuff is not worth a reputation

This is why you should always use Paypal G&S.

A certified letter being returned means one of two things.

1. Something is really wrong and someone close to him needs to go over to his place of residence and or the local PD should be contacted for a wellness check.

2. He simply ignored or refused to sign for the letter and it was returned.

Still hoping everything is ok.

Not sure what's going on with Bill, I've seen him twice in the last month and have one of his amps in my shop for repair. I know he doesn't have any health issues, something else must be going on.

Not sure what's going on with Bill, I've seen him twice in the last month and have one of his amps in my shop for repair. I know he doesn't have any health issues, something else must be going on.

Good that he is ok. Disappointing that he pretty much has made a fool of those in this thread that voiced their concerns about his health

Wow that's huge news. Well if you see him again could you bring up this thread to him? Ask him to return my calls about the HealthKit preamp he owes me? I really want to sort things out with Bill and have been plenty patient, but I'd love to know what the deal is!

And I'm another member he owes a tube amp. You wouldn't happen to have this amp for repair? It is the one I paid for......
Harman Kardon Prelude ll, rebuilt

This is an amp from another member. Same situation, paid but no amp-
Heathkit SP-2 preamp

Last edited:
The amp we have in of Bills isn't a match to the ones you're looking for. I'm not sure what's going on, Bill seems like a great guy and has purchased several pieces of gear from us. I expect him to pick his amp up any day now, when he comes in I'll ask him to contact the AK guys.

So did any one ever make contact wit Bill?
At this moment, Rod, at HionFi seems to be the most likely prospect. Since he posted, Friday afternoon, and it is now Sunday morning, it's a bit early to expect results.

Hoping our patience pays off, this time.

Reactions: Tia
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom