Bad Karma for tubeampking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill did come in for his amp, the problem is I wasn't in the store when he came in. I work 6 1/2 days every week and of course he stopped in on my half day.

I suspect it was no coincidence.

Just saying...
Whissle.gif

Why are there so many characters in audio? I sell all sorts of stuff other than audio and have never had a problem. My three bad ebay beats and one outright theft were all audio related. Sigh...

There are "characters" in every walk of life other than audio; your number simply has not yet come up in one of the others.

Give it time...:rolleyes:

Why are there so many characters in audio? I sell all sorts of stuff other than audio and have never had a problem. My three bad ebay beats and one outright theft were all audio related. Sigh...

I agree to a point. I participate on a few different forums and of course somewhat like-minded people tend to congregate on them. However, audio seems to me to have a bit bigger sense of "we're all awesome, trusting buds" type of mentality than the others.

OTOH, as others have mentioned there are "players" in everything and exposure does play a part.

I did a small deal (or two?) with tubeampking and they went perfectly. But, perhaps that was all part of a bigger set-up. That's why they're called Con Men. They gain your confidence then pull the rug out.

I agree to a point. I participate on a few different forums and of course somewhat like-minded people tend to congregate on them. However, audio seems to me to have a bit bigger sense of "we're all awesome, trusting buds" type of mentality than the others.

OTOH, as others have mentioned there are "players" in everything and exposure does play a part.

I did a small deal (or two?) with tubeampking and they went perfectly. But, perhaps that was all part of a bigger set-up. That's why they're called Con Men. They gain your confidence then pull the rug out.

Reminds me of Papi Chulo who IIRC sold 100V Japanese market gear and didn't disclose the fact. He kept popping up with different ebay user names. Remember the infamous Quad Bob? Not sure if he ever made good but when he went bad, he pretty much gutted the vintage quad market. And then there are the persistent rumors of tube switchers, false claim artists, and parts snatchers concentrating on ebay tube sellers. A few bad apples is all it takes...

I belong to a Ford auto forum. The resident computer tuner went bad and kept taking money and not delivering. Just like here, there was initial concern for health, then resignation, and then finally anger. The collective booted him and another tuner took his place. I didn't get caught up in that but a lot of guys lost money.

I really don't get it :dunno:
I had one small transaction with Bill and it worked out OK despite my being a little suspicious as he initiated the deal via PM.
Why plan a multi-year scam with such a small payoff???
I'm certainly not aware of all his transactions but doubt he could have gleaned over $1-2K for the efforts.

Roger

Well I think it's about time this thread gets put to rest. I had a couple of great transactions with Bill, which is why this has been so disappointing, especially him just dropping off the map and leaving us in the dark. A lot of things can happen to a person, and while this doesn't look good on Bill, I doubt if he was scamming us for a few hundred bucks when it seemed like being a part of the AK community was something Bill enjoyed greatly. I still wish him the best and hope that maybe we will hear from him again, but at this point, I doubt it. I'll keep trying to call him as I am sure others will. Will update if I hear anything.

I had a deal with Tubeampking go sketchy a couple of months ago...it was for some tubes, and he got weird, so I just wrote it off...sorry to see others lost more than I.

I knew this guy was a scammer, I've been selling on the bay for many years, had an off the wall ADC cartridge that I sold him that was in perfect working order. It was a small amount of money, but he claimed it was no good. I refunded all of the money as we all know what happens on ebay. This was probably at least a year and a half ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom