Bad News.... Sort of, anyhoo....

Sandy G

Retired Member
You guys...You've prolly heard me mention Bethany, over the yeas. Kid I is almost 4, & ystrday he was having a routine check up at the local doctor's & they found out that that the poor l'il shaver has some problems w/his Ticker.. He's just 4, his sister is right at 3, & apparently he has some extra skin around his aorta. This CAN cause big-time bad problems, Lauriann sez it typically manifests itself when he's older & maybe playing football, & he'll just drop dead for no apparent reason. He'll have to be monitored for all his life, they CAN temporarily fix things, but it may get him sooner in life. they've already set things up for Thanksgiving/Christmas. Apparently things can stay"In the background", & not give him much trouble. LA & I are gonna try to get a room in Nashville, so we can be there for Bethany & Corey. LA also said its not TOO rare, so a lot of docs have a little bit of smarts working on it.I would SO appreciate any/all prayers/ that you can send our way.

So sorry Sandy to hear about Logan and prayers are sent for you and all your kin. I also want to add that they perform miracles these days in medical and Corey is young and strong. Advancement in technology and the medical industry happen at the speed of light it seems. We'll pray that a permanent cure is around the corner.

Last edited:
Prayers and thoughts to your adopted extended family. Sandy G, my heart is extended. And sometime when you're in better order, Corey's in better order, and Mom gets recovered from significant foot surgery, you, Lauriann, and I must meet and catch up on old times.

Prayers sent.

If there's any good news, consider that they found it now, and not after he dropped dead on a football field at age 16.

Best wishes,

bs

I am so glad that you have Lauriann, my friend.

And there is somebody across the big pond keeping his fingers crossed for a happy ending.

You guys...You've prolly heard me mention Bethany, over the yeas. Kid I is almost 4, & ystrday he was having a routine check up at the local doctor's & they found out that that the poor l'il shaver has some problems w/his Ticker.. He's just 4, his sister is right at 3, & apparently he has some extra skin around his aorta. This CAN cause big-time bad problems, Lauriann sez it typically manifests itself when he's older & maybe playing football, & he'll just drop dead for no apparent reason. He'll have to be monitored for all his life, they CAN temporarily fix things, but it may get him sooner in life. they've already set things up for Thanksgiving/Christmas. Apparently things can stay"In the background", & not give him much trouble. LA & I are gonna try to get a room in Nashville, so we can be there for Bethany & Corey. LA also said its not TOO rare, so a lot of docs have a little bit of smarts working on it.I would SO appreciate any/all prayers/ that you can send our way.
Deeply sorry unca sandy!! Tell them their in my thoughts keep us posted.

Praying that they find a cure long before the little guy sees a need from the complications later in life.

Back
Top Bottom