Bahstan signing up!

Billski

..What a long strange trip it's been....
I'm a baby boomer embarking on a post retirement quest to capture all those things I never had back in the day. I came of age in the late 60s and very early 70's. For me, what we called "underground radio" defined my taste. Most rock longer than 3:30 as a generalization. So that means Clapton, the who, zz top, Jefferson airplane, king crimson, yes, traffic, santana, allman bros, the dead, stones, moody blues, ten years after, and a. Hundred others I've forgotten. There's also folk rock like Melanie, Joni mitchel, csny , cat stevens, neil young, etc. All vinyl, all the time!

So the quest is to recreate those days. I lusted for Jbl speakers, sansui receiver and Dual TT. I Know technology has "advanced" but I'm an aging hippee longing to live those times in music again.

I started doing radio broadcast stuff, creating a pirate station, and two years of audio broadcast education. From there I took a 35 year detour to participate in the design of the stuff that provided the foundation for everything called "computing".

So if you care to suggest components that would help my quest, i will be indebted.

Bill

Last edited:
There's a whole world of gear from back in the day still out there, man! Trick is rooting it out today. What's left usually no longer commanding yard sale prices, but one occasionally stumbles upon a deal. Cruise the forums, learn much. Take it from there. You're retired now, time to start living again. Welcome, & enjoy!:bigok:

Glad to have you aboard! Share your experiences, cruise and peruse your local wanted ads/yard sales, etc, and be patient.

OR.....and I'm just throwing this out there......plunk down 25 bucks and join up with the best audio site there is, and get access to anything you could ever want in Bartertown.

I no longer bother trying to go anywhere else. Prices are fair, deals are plentiful, gear is usually very well described. It's a brotherhood thing, and it has been very good to me.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom