Bang and Olufsen Beomaster 2400 /1900 left speaker channel no sound

Norwood451

I have older Bang and Olufsen Beomaster amplifier 2400 / 1900 that is in almost perfect condition. However, when I Plug in either of the left speaker channels there is not sound. If I plug in the right on Speaker set #1 and #2 I can get Mono. (see photo). When I adjust the balance I can only get the right side.

So, there is not way to get stereo.

Is there anyway to repair the left speaker? I have a manual and could fix it if I knew want to fix.

Last edited:
Hello. Welcome to AK!

Can you test if you have sound at the Tape out connector, in both channels?

You need to narrow the problem to the input connectors, speaker selector, preamp section or power amplifier section. You need to find where the signal disappear.

Can you post a link to the service manual or schematic?

Good question. I will need to check the tape connector. However, as I remember the same issue occurred with the turntable connection.

Below is a link to 2400 - I believe the same thing. Mine says Boemaster 1900 Model 2904 - everything does look is the same. There are two manuals attached. I also have the Schematic that came with the unit - when I bought it in 1975., which looks exactly the same as the schematic attached.

Service Manual / schematic for Bang and Olufsen Boemster 2400 type 2901

I think different units are just with or without a remote. My 1900 lacks the remote-circuitry inside.
Take care when lifting off the front....the "springs"for the selector touchbuttons are easily damaged (and when putting back together make sure they do align with the pins below.
Google how to open up a beomaster 1900 to get some beoworld forum info.

edit: I just realised mine is a 2300, which is probably the same anyway

Last edited:
Thank you. The manual shows how to open and there is no remote. I have taken some of the unit apart and put it back together, as I figure if I can put it together I can take it apart again with ease

Service Manual / schematic for Bang and Olufsen Boemster 2400 type 2901

Without knowing where to look, it would take me a million years for me to figure out how to fix the left channel. If I had some idea what to check based on the problem symptoms, I would check that and replace that part.

Reading the schematic (page 16 on the pdf file) , 1st tests I'd do are:

check with headphones, and move the "HT2" switch, several times to ON -Off, to check if the headphones or speakers have sound.

(Edited: I see a pict in the web,
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Laq6k1ph...LcBGAs/s1600/beomaster_1900_reassembly_01.jpg
and I don't see an "HT2" switch, but the schematic shows that switch labeled "7" and "8" next to the speaker connectors.)

Check at the Tape OUTPUT (half of the tape connector is the output for a recorder) if you have sound

If you have sound at the tape out, and no sound with headphones, the problem is in the preamp or power amp, further testing is needed, I'd check at the volume control.

Last edited:
Balance control is were I`d look first on these. Check you have signal / out. A couple of machines I have of this period suffer bad balance sliders.

Hi alexis, try beoparts, he has the parts you need to repair your sliders. Absolutely no affiliation, I just know he has a great knowledge of B&O gear.

Back
Top Bottom