Bang and Olufsen M70 Speakers

mymonkey

Just reinstalled drivers in a pair of B&O Beovox M70's and hooked them up. Casper in Chicago rebuilt them for me. Wow.. they are really crisp with great imaging and just the right amount of bass. I have a few $ invested in them but it was definitely worth it.

Question, are the matching tulip stands & hardware a rare fine? I invested in the speakers mainly because i have the stands but i am very happy with the sound quality. My Yamaha CR840 is a nice match.

Thanks.

It looks like the stands you're talking about are kind of hard to find. Did you leave the old capacitors in? I have M60s to work on, I think I will change the caps. I used to have s45, I won't buy those again, bad woofer "assembly" design imo. But I like the 60s, the M70s look better, bet those sound nice.

Congratulations on your M70’s. Though I can’t answer about the stands rarity. As far as I know the stands were standard. Mine came in one huge carton with both speakers and the stands. The rosewood veneer is not only continuously wrapped around the speaker, but the pair are from the same sheet. That’s why they came in one box. One of my woofer voice coils was rubbing from poor handling in shipping. They sent a new pair.
I originally paired them with a Yamaha CR-600 and a Beogram 1900 which are long gone, but the speakers are still here 43 years later in my bedroom system running on Jolida tubes. I think I made a good choice for a 20 year old kid. I know I got my $900 out of them a few times over.

Back
Top Bottom