Barn find

Lwrs10

Lady overheard me talking to someone on the phone about speakers at Autozone, and told me she had some late 70's Cerwin Vegas in her barn....So I drove the 30 miles to check em out....heres what I found...

SDC10273.jpg

SDC10275.jpg

Cerwin Vega HED CH203's. I have no info on them, but they have a horn tweeter, 6.5 midrange, and a 12" woofer. Cabinets are in good shape. Can't wait to refoam them and try them out....

BTW all I did was trade a little electrical work for them....

cool! barn finds are always fun! is that chicken sh*t on the grills lol, those are good speakers! re-foam em! you will be glad you did!!, btw, those horn tweeters are really good too.

Well I finished the refoam and cleanup of them today. The cabinets are in showroom shape, as is everything else with these. The grills should be done by Monday. Someone at work does upholstering and is doing them for me...

SDC10303.jpg

SDC10304.jpg

And of course the horn tweeters sound amazing. Overall the sound is pretty good, but the mids are recessed. Bass response of course is Cerwin Vega style. I need to drag them inside and try them on my M-70 Yamaha amp and see what they really sound like. These will make great speakers for what I will use them for, but they cannot even come close to comparing to my S-2's...

Wow, talk about a complete 180*. They may not have been in bad shape, but they didn't look great, now they look mint, good job:thmbsp:

Well I finished the refoam and cleanup of them today. The cabinets are in showroom shape, as is everything else with these. The grills should be done by Monday. Someone at work does upholstering and is doing them for me...

SDC10303.jpg

SDC10304.jpg

And of course the horn tweeters sound amazing. Overall the sound is pretty good, but the mids are recessed. Bass response of course is Cerwin Vega style. I need to drag them inside and try them on my M-70 Yamaha amp and see what they really sound like. These will make great speakers for what I will use them for, but they cannot even come close to comparing to my S-2's...

Great! Job! They look new!
Enjoy!

Thanks,
John.:music::D

Very well done. I had the same pair and I had to refoam them too! Seems that is normal for all vegas speakers. Enjoy them, they are loud and can handle a lot

The Tweeters are Heppner Dhorm Tweeters. I have a set of the HED W-10s. They are currently out of rotation but I like em. You did a really nice job on those. They look new.

Back
Top Bottom