Barry Manilow records

I don't doubt for a minute that he's highly professional, charming, entertaining, personally likable, etc., and that the musicians are skilled and precise, etc.; it's just that the musical results are still excruciating to me. ;)
I will say that in a live show, as much as I enjoyed the music (some songs are tough to get through, I happen to despise "Copacabana"), I think I wound up liking Barry himself more as a person/entertainer. His ad lib jokes really made you like the guy.

I don't doubt for a minute that he's highly professional, charming, entertaining, personally likable, etc., and that the musicians are skilled and precise, etc.; it's just that the musical results are still excruciating to me. ;)
Try sitting through his animated soundtrack work with Don Bluth.:eek:

I'm sure I wouldn't be able to -- I still haven't forgiven him for "You Deserve A Break Today" . . . ;)
Consider yourself lucky. His soundtrack work, combined with Bluth's (sometimes pervy)animation is stuff you can't un-forget.

DaveVoorhis said:
It's the ONES and ZEROS man! Digital's all ONES and ZEROS, and how could anything sound good with ZEROS in it, 'cause ZERO's like NOTHING, and how could NOTHING sound like SOMETHING?!??

Exactly bud....... Its really sad what started happening...... Its sadder people didnt speak out and say "IT SOUNDS LIKE CRAP WE WANT IT RE-DONE"

I did pick up his first album because it has the picture of him wearing the famous "Screw" t-shirt on the back cover.

001.JPG 002.JPG

I think I now understand why the 3 albums I had didnt sound good,THEY WERE MOST LIKELY DIGITALLY MIXED!!! (Sounded thin,etc)

I only have 1 of his records now..... His 1976 album "This ones for you" and thankfully IT IS STRAIGHT ANALOGUE........

Really very sad what started happening in the late 70s..... People blindly started using this garbage....REALLY VERY SAD
Personally I don't know why you never put down the catalogue number, matrix number and label ID. Your constantly going online and posting vague comments of a record sounding bad (TO YOU) giving title only. Then your whole premise as to why it sounds bad is that some form of digital must have touched it in some way.

You should learn that all records even of the same title are not the same and more info needs to be given and learned.

You should learn that if digital was used in some way in the making of, recording of or mastering of a record it doesn't necessarily make that title bad in any way.

Back
Top Bottom