BarterTown: Should I?

So "the kid" is all set now? That's great!

You are the same age as my son but he only wants to listen to rap music on his computer or phone. Ugh.

Thanks, MannyE for kicking in, and giving 11somekid a bump.

I'll fix the age.
Oh he's gona like that, I'v known he was 16 since dealing with him and keeps mentioning it. I'v also told him we have had other very young members that have been here for years and now are adults.

You got to like his location...
I'm probably at school right now...

My absolute favorite part of bartertown is the vinyl you can get for very reasonable prices as was mentioned earlier.. So far every album I've bought has been better than described and some have been indistinguishable from brand new! Say goodbye to all your disposable income! And I don't mean teenage income... I mean all of it... forever. :banana:

I fixed that situation by taking my kids to see what was left of Pink Floyd (Roger Waters) when they came with The Wall. Live music gets them every time.

My son does like other music too. He has over 2,000 songs on his spotify lists.

He does enjoy some Floyd too. We've been going to see Brit Floyd fir a few years now. It's a great family affair with 3 generations attending together!!

It's good karma, but something about young folks getting into this hobby excites me. I've sold expensive equipment to young couples for fractions of the cost just to help them get started. Recently I had a father/son company out to clean my HVAC vents. The son was a college student in Denver helping his dad for the summer. After seeing the listening room he kept commenting on vinyl he's acquired and his interest in vintage. I ended up giving him a Kenwood KR-6600 that needed some minor work. I told him his repair options are plentiful in Denver and cost should be under a $100. He was stoked.

Back
Top Bottom