1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Basic C2 Question

Discussion in 'Kenwood-Trio/Kensonic-Accuphase' started by Chazola, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Chazola

Chazola New Member

I have a Basic C2 Pre-amp that I've restored, one thing I've noticed looking at pics of others is some have a ceramic or electrolytic (filter?) cap over the rca output jacks- mine doesn't, and I can't see it shown on the service manual. Can anyone tell me it's purpose/rating if you have installed on your C2?
    thanks.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. rjsalvi

rjsalvi Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean by "cap over the rca output jacks", but ceramic caps are generally used between the RCA connector shield ( - ) to chassis as a direct path for RF noise to pass. The grounding scheme on your unit will dictate whether or not the mfr. uses them. They're usually .01uF.

3. jheu02

jheu02 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Mine has it. Originally it was a 1uF/50V electrolytic that had actually broken off and was rattling in the chassis. I replaced it with a 1uF/63V film cap because I had it on hand.