Basic & minimal as possible!

lightcapture

Not the best, but uncomplicated with good music playback. (My only music system other than a HT system for TV/movies.)

1980 Pioneer SX-3700 stereo receiver - used for FM/AM and Aux input from smart phone
https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/sx-3700.shtml

1983 Fried Signature Series Q/2 2-way bookshelf speakers - 8" woofer and 1" dome tweeter in quasi transmission-line design

(Complete photos will follow next week after I re-foam Fried mid/bass drivers)

Last edited:
Looks great!!! I'd love to get one of the flouroscan pioneers someday! Not too mention that copper tub, super nice piece as well.

I have that 3700. It has the vintage magic.

Tidy and effective pairing you have there, thanks for sharing. Reminds me of my old Yamaha CA-810 + Boston Acoustic A60's. If I was smart, I'd have stuck with just that.

Thanx. No dac yet just the headphone jack output, but that should be on my short list. Do you have a recommendation for a cheap dac in keeping w/ my economy system?

I use a Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100. It's very versatile in terms on connections, sounds good and is considered an entry-level DAC in terms of price level. This version has been out for about 5 years so I would expect to see sale prices for a new one, or even better prices for a used model. But I would expect there are many more solid recommendations. Try posting in the DACs section here on AK and I am sure you will receive much more insight.

Thanx. No dac yet just the headphone jack output, but that should be on my short list. Do you have a recommendation for a cheap dac in keeping w/ my economy system?

Nice clean system. I think in keeping with the minimalist theme, get rid of the cable between your smartphone's jack and the receiver. Go for a Bluetooth enabled DAC. I don't have one, but have been thinking about one. The Audioengine B1 on Amazon is $189, and sounds like it would put out pretty good sound quality....

Neat, clean, symmetrical....I'll bet it sounds as good as it looks. I'm borderline neurotic about clutter and that is a room I can be very comfortable in. Well done sir.

Back
Top Bottom