bass issues with B&O M70 speakers

mymonkey

I set up vintage B&O M70 model 6304 speakers tonight. Using a Yamaha CA810 amp. Speaker A is wired through a small subwoofer, then to a different set of speakers for a little extra low end. Speaker B is direct to the B&O's. I have no bass whatsoever in the B&O's. Is there any possibility of subwoofer interference with either A or B. Speakers A a have strong bass and the sub works well. Is the sub sucking all the bass signal? These are vintage components so no surround or dolby digital or dts. Just plain two channel stereo. I find it hard to believe both woofers / connectors / crossover went tits up at the same time. I'm thinking the woofers are either blown completely (i thought i would get some sound if so) or there is something else wrong. Any advice before i crack them open would be appreciated.

Thanks.

no sound whatsoever. as if no low end signal from the source, but as i said, channel one has strong bass. Gonna check a 2nd source just in case and start to trouble shoot.

i appreciate the re-boot thought but i don't think im "shell-shocked". Ear against woofer and no sound. No speaker vibration. I was hoping for an easy explanation. Does not seem likely.

Back
Top Bottom