Battradio

I went by today, after being unable to reach him by phone, and his van was not in the driveway. When I knocked at the door, no one answered, so no luck today.

I'll try next Friday again, and make sure I have an errand over there, so I can sandwich two stop attempts rather than just one.
Dave

Thanks for the update Dave. I'm still hoping we hear good news concerning Mark's wife. He could use some good news during this holiday season.

Folks, Dave made it by and talked with Mark. He has made some to significant work on the majority of the gear, but he is now involved with a battle with some form of what I conjecture to be a variant of Meniere's Disease as it involves the middle ear, and/or involving some of the optic processing nerves and associated parts of the brain. He currently cannot drive, walk any distance, go up and down stairs, or be involved in activities where he shifts his vision down, without getting dizzy, losing his equilibrium and falling.

With his workshop located down in the basement, and all the gear being down there, I think we are dead in the water right now, until his neurologists and doctors get him back on his feet again. This group of eyesight/brain/ear/balance conditions is rather serious and debilitating, and I have been on the fringe when I came down with labyrinthitis of the inner ear. Please pray for both of them, and we will be checking in periodically to help as we can.

Thanks, Dave

Last edited:
Thanks Dave. I can relate as I have suffered from Vertigo for over 20 years. Not fun, to be sure.

Holy schnickies. I'll keep them in my prayers. If there is anything the AK family can do, I hope someone will let us know.

Dave - if you need any help with any of this let me know and I'll do what i can. I live in the STL area as you know and have time to assist as needed. PM me if there is a need. I hope nothing but the best for Mark and his wife. He reached out to me when I was selling a Suburban here and indicated he'd like it but now was not the right time. Now I understand why.

I talked to him about a week or so ago. He is starting some therapy but he still gets vertigo. Some of the bits in his inner ear have come loose. But at leased the problem has been found and should leave him with options. As for his wife it sounded like some adjustments to her meds were made. Thats about all I have.

Back
Top Bottom