Because of streaming...

Do you buy more or less music because of streaming?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eljr

Koyaanisqatsi
Have streaming services like Qobuz, Tidal, Spotify, Amazon.... do you but more music or less?

You would think the answer is less but in my case and a few others I talk to, the answer is more!

I use the services to listen to albums then buy or reject.

How about you?

Do you buy more or less music because of streaming? (any format, digital download, CD, DVD-A, LP...)

Definitely less in my case. I no longer feel the "need" to buy albums I like ... which is different than my age demographic no doubt.

No more shelf Queens for me.

I started streaming w/ MOG back in 2012.

Last edited:
A bit less. I buy more vinyl than in years past but have not picked up a CD in years. That void is filled 100% by streaming and mostly in the car where I listen.

Streaming can help with discovering new artists or previewing things I might want to buy but even without finding new stuff, there are still many albums I do not yet own that are on my list.

surprised we only got 22 votes in this one.... but it's time to put a folk in it :bye:

Definitely more...I started with Pandora a several years ago. As you may or may not know, Pandora will feed you music it thinks you may like based on your previous choices. At the time, I was stuck in a "classic/alternative rock" rut, but since then, I have discovered many new, current, and truly outstanding bands. This exposure to new music, caused me to buy many new albums, (vinyl, CD, and digital), and attend many more concerts. Which is all very fun when entering the fourth quarter of life.

Definitely more...I started with Pandora a several years ago. As you may or may not know, Pandora will feed you music it thinks you may like based on your previous choices. At the time, I was stuck in a "classic/alternative rock" rut, but since then, I have discovered many new, current, and truly outstanding bands. This exposure to new music, caused me to buy many new albums, (vinyl, CD, and digital), and attend many more concerts. Which is all very fun when entering the fourth quarter of life.
I go to a lot more concerts because of streaming, but that's a whole other conversation...

Streaming helps expand what I listen to. I've not bought much new music over the past 10 years or so, and streaming hasn't changed that at all.

I just jumped into the streaming world so right now I'm still purchasing the same as before. Managed to pick up a Bluesound Pulse P300 for a great price and was just setting it up last night. I'm looking to get a Bluesound Vault 2 so the Pulse should tie in perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom