Beck's "Sea Changes"

MikE

Color Me Gone
Bought two new albums tonight; the new Dylan double live album from his 1975 tour and Beck's "Sea Changes". What a beautiful record. Never been a Beck fan but I was really struck by this one. It's as good as reported.

MikE

Beck is so-so to me. That Odelay record has some sound-effects on there that can give you a migraine headache listening to.
Sea Changes is much more soothing to listen to. Paper Tiger is a great track- however, it is a complete lift from France's famous, Serge Gainsbourg and his 1971 classic record, "Melody Nelson".

MikE
The Dylan cd is really good.love his version of 'The Water Is Wide"
I think it is his best live cd at least of the ones in my collection.
hope you enjoy it as much as I do
Best
Alan

IMHO "Sea Change" is one of the best records of the year. "Hauntingly Beautiful", as I said once before on another thread in this forum.

Big Dylan fan too.
Moon

Nick Drake

Has Beck been listening to Nick Drake lately? Sure sounds like it. Guess that explains my attraction. MikE

This is kind of interesting also. Beck has "The Flaming Lips" as his opening act on the "Sea Change Tour" as well as his backing band while he performs.

I've heard great things about the Lips new release, "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots", but have yet to hear it.

Anyone have it?
Moon

Flaming Lips: Yoshimi

I have it. Not a cd I would look to play, but not one I would take out of the player either. Background music for me. If you like Beck, you may like the Flaming Lips. I think I want to hear an earlier release before passing judgement on them. They may be one of those bands that grows on you :)

Back
Top Bottom