Been having issues with AK,,,anyone else have this happen???

xero-D-hero

There must be some sorta javascript issue here @ AK lately.
Probably from one of the ads or something I dunno for sure,but here what's been happening for me lately.

It started sometime over the last weekend (Apr. 15-17),when all of a sudden I started getting this alert window:

Are you sure you want to leave this webpage?

Message from webpage
false

-> Leave this page
-> Stay on this page

Once that alert pops up there is no other way to navigate away from the page your on w/o selecting "Leave this page".
(no way other than going into the task manager and shutting the browser down the "hard" way)

Either way once you've done so it dumps a ton of $#!t into the temp folder,which is annoying as hell as I like to keep that folder nice & tidy otherwise it tends to drag the whole browser down with that useless cr@p.

Now I've done a TON of stuff to figure this deal out,ran MULTIPLE virus scans with AVG ~ Ad-Aware ~ MSE etc. etc. and there were no threats found. So then I upgraded my browser (was IE 10 now IE 11) and I downloaded all the latest MS security updates yadda yadda yadda yet the behavior persists,so I'm fairly certain it's not any of that stuff,and I dont have a flash player installed either,as those seem to be just one big security clusterf@wk after another,yet none of that ^^^^ took care of the problem.

FYI my desktop OS is win7pro 64bit,but I also tried my laptop with win8 & IE10 and it too did the same thing.

So doing my due dilligence I searched this issue online,and the info for that "Are you sure you want to leave this webpage?" alert is largely all over the place,and while most of that info agrees that said alert is nothing malicious or dangerous,that still does'nt change the annoyance factor even the slightest bit. Anyhow after messing around with my internet settings a bunch I believe I've got the issue narrowed down to a javascript problem,as when I disable java applets & active scripting that alert stops completely,but that inturn affects the functionallity of this site as some of the features must be javascript based,so that really mucks things up as a result of that supposed "fix".

And that move was complicated by the fact that Yahoo mail among other things relies on some javascript features as well,so I had to put this site on my "trusted sites" list and selectively pick & choose the internet settings for this site just to get AK to where it's even partially functional for me while not affecting any other sites that were doing just fine,which was'nt very easy as you still have to still allow this site to use cookies just to log in,yet I cant run this site with javascript enabled,so I had to add this site to always allow cookies as well,so yeah it seems this site has become a bit of a problem child for some ???? reason.

And as soon as I went ahead and logged in here to try things out after finally getting rid of those annoying alerts,it has once again dumped a ton of $#!t into my temp folder,SIGH.

And just to be clear here,this is the ONLY website that I've had this problem on so far,all the other sites I regularly go to seem OK,no other websites have given me any problems what-so-ever.

Honestly,I'm about to just stop coming here to AK if I cant come here w/o getting a ton of crap dumped in my temp file.
Now I gotta go clean that out that temp file again,and maybe I'll just lurk till this issue gets cleared up.
Probably run another round of virus/malware scans just for good measure as well...

I'd be really surprised if nobody else were having these problems,but it may just be they are freaking out and staying away or such?

FWIW

Bret P.

I'd consider trying a different browser. I've had no problems like that using Firefox or Chrome. Doesn't mean there isn't a problem, but a different browser might be a way to visit AK until someone figures it out.

I've noticed this happening on my work PC as well lately. Nothing has changed on this, so I'm assuming it's something that changed on AudioKarma. I sure hope we're not getting dragged down by the excessive advertising that is on 99% of any other sites you try to visit.

Lee.

I have been finding that Java has been hogging memory to the tune of 1/4 to 1/2 GB. I now have to task manager often. It bogs down my entire computer. AK is one of the few site that I allow all site on NoScript.

I have been finding that Java has been hogging memory to the tune of 1/4 to 1/2 GB. I now have to task manager often. It bogs down my entire computer. AK is one of the few site that I allow all site on NoScript.
I have googlesyndication and twitter turned off

Frannie

Just an FYI - no harm meant.
JAVA is a one issue,
JavaScript is something completely different.
(Don't feel bad - I have dealt with Recruiters who don't know the difference - its quite frustrating!)

I have huge issues with Firefox not releasing memory as I surf the web.
I have to close Firefox completely, wait a couple minutes to be sure its really released it, recycle memory,
then I can open FF again and continue.
And I upped my desktop from 10 to 12 Gig memory recently -
I'll be darned if I'm going to max it to 16 gigs! $$$$

I have been finding that Java has been hogging memory to the tune of 1/4 to 1/2 GB.
I now have to task manager often. It bogs down my entire computer. AK is one of the few site that I allow all site on NoScript.

There must be some sorta javascript issue here @ AK lately.
Probably from one of the ads or something I dunno for sure,but here what's been happening for me lately.

It started sometime over the last weekend (Apr. 15-17),when all of a sudden I started getting this alert window:

Are you sure you want to leave this webpage?

Message from webpage
false

-> Leave this page
-> Stay on this page

Once that alert pops up there is no other way to navigate away from the page your on w/o selecting "Leave this page".
(no way other than going into the task manager and shutting the browser down the "hard" way)

Either way once you've done so it dumps a ton of $#!t into the temp folder,which is annoying as hell as I like to keep that folder nice & tidy otherwise it tends to drag the whole browser down with that useless cr@p.

Now I've done a TON of stuff to figure this deal out,ran MULTIPLE virus scans with AVG ~ Ad-Aware ~ MSE etc. etc. and there were no threats found. So then I upgraded my browser (was IE 10 now IE 11) and I downloaded all the latest MS security updates yadda yadda yadda yet the behavior persists,so I'm fairly certain it's not any of that stuff,and I dont have a flash player installed either,as those seem to be just one big security clusterf@wk after another,yet none of that ^^^^ took care of the problem.

FYI my desktop OS is win7pro 64bit,but I also tried my laptop with win8 & IE10 and it too did the same thing.

So doing my due dilligence I searched this issue online,and the info for that "Are you sure you want to leave this webpage?" alert is largely all over the place,and while most of that info agrees that said alert is nothing malicious or dangerous,that still does'nt change the annoyance factor even the slightest bit. Anyhow after messing around with my internet settings a bunch I believe I've got the issue narrowed down to a javascript problem,as when I disable java applets & active scripting that alert stops completely,but that inturn affects the functionallity of this site as some of the features must be javascript based,so that really mucks things up as a result of that supposed "fix".

And that move was complicated by the fact that Yahoo mail among other things relies on some javascript features as well,so I had to put this site on my "trusted sites" list and selectively pick & choose the internet settings for this site just to get AK to where it's even partially functional for me while not affecting any other sites that were doing just fine,which was'nt very easy as you still have to still allow this site to use cookies just to log in,yet I cant run this site with javascript enabled,so I had to add this site to always allow cookies as well,so yeah it seems this site has become a bit of a problem child for some ???? reason.

And as soon as I went ahead and logged in here to try things out after finally getting rid of those annoying alerts,it has once again dumped a ton of $#!t into my temp folder,SIGH.

And just to be clear here,this is the ONLY website that I've had this problem on so far,all the other sites I regularly go to seem OK,no other websites have given me any problems what-so-ever.

Honestly,I'm about to just stop coming here to AK if I cant come here w/o getting a ton of crap dumped in my temp file.
Now I gotta go clean that out that temp file again,and maybe I'll just lurk till this issue gets cleared up.
Probably run another round of virus/malware scans just for good measure as well...

I'd be really surprised if nobody else were having these problems,but it may just be they are freaking out and staying away or such?

FWIW

Bret P.
My computer was doing the same thing for most of the week. I didn't know what was causing it. But it hasn't done it today so far.

Same as above, but no adblock or anything (knocking on wood), but still afraid to come here on my phone.
phones are for phone calls .. rooted mine . deleted most apps and turned internet etc off . the contact list responds in a timely manner now .

I have the same problem happening to my PC as the OP. I doesn't always happen but a majority of the time it does. I am using Windows Explore as I always have, and this site is the only site it happens on. It started happening about a week ago.

Guys,

If you can and it will help.

1. Browser type ??

2. Operating System ??

3. Any Plugins Installed ??

4. Any Error Message If Seen ??

5. When Does It Happen (When you first show up ... when you click the "Nice Pair" banner (Couldn't help myself here :) ) ... etc etc

Frannie

Same thing happening here but only when using IE.

1. Windows IE 11
2. Windows 7 64 bit
3. Not sure about plugins
4. No error message... just the sure you want to leave this page popup
5. Happens every time I visit and this site only

Same thing happening here but only when using IE.

1. Windows IE 11
2. Windows 7 64 bit
3. Not sure about plugins
4. No error message... just the sure you want to leave this page popup
5. Happens every time I visit and this site only

OK You should consider just for safety in general to get off Internet Explorer as its not actively maintained anymore and susceptible to these types of things.

My feeling is this is some Banner Add type of thing causing this and those banners don't exist just here.

So its just a matter of time before something else even MORE malicious attacks your computer. And not from here.

Frannie

me too...had to do it just now to reach this page. Pretty sure it only happens with AK but I will pay closer attention....been happening for about a month.
IE 11
Windows 10 64 bit

3 days for me. Kind of a PITA
Info if you could ??

Let me state this again. I agree its annoying and should not happen. But the type of issue you are seeing can happen anywhere. With much worse results.

So this is me trying to help you guys surf the net a bit safer.

Also to triangulate what set of circumstances trigger this ass clown software.

Frannie

Info if you could ??

Let me state this again. I agree its annoying and should not happen. But the type of issue you are seeing can happen anywhere. With much worse results.

So this is me trying to help you guys surf the net a bit safer.

Also to triangulate what set of circumstances trigger this ass clown software.

Frannie
I see the info others have given you, I don't know what any of that stuff is.

Back
Top Bottom