Been having issues with AK,,,anyone else have this happen???

You still have to deal with the ads as a subscriber, nothing gained there. If everyone uses an ad blocker do they still get paid even though the ads are not seen ?
Most of the time you need to click on the AD and be re-directed to capture any significant revenue.

Some revenue is paid for impressions of course (The actual banner presented at the top)

That is why some of these "AD's" are removing that choice and redirecting people forcefully.

Frannie

Hiya,

And one other thing about me "Fading Away" ??

As recently as yesterday I voted with my "Pocketbook" and sent real money (Not this BS Google Ad Sense Crap) to AK.

So I am not going anywhere and AK would not either if my "Pocketbook" has anything to do with it.

I hate Internet Advertising with a passion but that does not mean I get to take shots at this site that I love.

Frannie

Just so there is no confusion .

#47 , I fully understand ads helping AK . No problem . But they should not make the sight lag in loading

#49 , Once again for the reading impaired . I have no problem with ads . I fully understand why the ads are here . The Hallmark ad is the only one that is causing me problems . Is this so hard to understand ? sheesh

#54 , Let me state once again . I understand ads . I know why they are here . I am allowed to voice my concerns and vote with my pocketbook .

Fade

I fully understand ads helping AK . No problem . But they should not make the sight lag in loading

Once again for the reading impaired . I have no problem with ads . I fully understand why the ads are here . The Hallmark ad is the only one that is causing me problems . Is this so hard to understand ? sheesh

Let me state once again . I understand ads . I know why they are here . I am allowed to voice my concerns and vote with my pocketbook .

And here I thought you ignored me. I feel the love.

Frannie

That's why I use an iPad....

I got tired of dumping temp files.
Without reading back a few pages. If you have already done so my apology's

Have you tried turning off the Internet Explorer Cache ??

Frannie

Just so there is no confusion .

#47 , I fully understand ads helping AK . No problem . But they should not make the sight lag in loading

#49 , Once again for the reading impaired . I have no problem with ads . I fully understand why the ads are here . The Hallmark ad is the only one that is causing me problems . Is this so hard to understand ? sheesh

#54 , Let me state once again . I understand ads . I know why they are here . I am allowed to voice my concerns and vote with my pocketbook .

Fade Away

Last edited:
I've found that these lines in one's hosts file helped a LOT with previous slowdowns:

#Block those ads in the hosts file and the server is free to load the forum info
127.0.0.1 pagead.googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 ad.doubleclick.net

Ad blocker plus lets you block the offending ad and white list the rest.

"Disconnect me" is NOT an ad blocker, it only blocks tracking sites that follow you everywhere you go, using bandwidth and basically spying on you so they can show you ads that are relevant to you.

This is not about why or the way they should load, this is about fixing the problem some may be having, I have provided the fix but you have to actually TRY it for it to work. ( Not meant for anyone in particular ) Please guys, lets keep it lighthearted.

you-can-lead-horse-to-water-you-cannot-make-him-drink-motivational-inspirational-poster-representing-proverb-sayings-50879946.jpg

Hiya,

They all seem to turn to the dark side eventually.

Lets take Ghostery as an example.

http://lifehacker.com/ad-blocking-extension-ghostery-actually-sells-data-to-a-514417864

Use to be the Ghost in shining armor. Now its about as scummy as the things its blocking.

Frannie

Agreed, sometimes you have to use one scummy service to combat another scummy service, in this case, it's not a privacy issue, it's a loading issue so you got to do what ever it takes to visit this awesome site, it's about "fixing" the problem, not dancing around the issue, just fix it and get on with life. believe me I know. If it wasn't for Opera web browser with turbo turned on, it would be impossible for me to be here, (I highly recommend this for people with a slow connection to AK, it really works) :)

Is there a place where I can find a list of url's I can use to make sure AK gets the credit? There used to be a list of ads at the bottom of some of the pages but I haven't seen that in awhile. It was easy to simply click on one of them and go. Since they've disappeared I haven't used any links and been frustrated trying to search or find mention of them. And thanks for the links to those blockers and disconnect!!! I will get right on those as anything to help speed things a long.

Wasn't one of those companies advertising speeding up your PC actually worse than leaving it alone? Can't remember now because I don't trust them anyway.

Wasn't one of those companies advertising speeding up your PC actually worse than leaving it alone? Can't remember now because I don't trust them anyway.

Yes stay away from those, Opera is a web browser not a gimmick, none of my suggestions have anything to do with your operating system. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom