1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Been offered a SX 880 in trade

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by jimbo2k, Aug 10, 2018.

1. jimbo2k

jimbo2k Adcom GFT500, 2GFA535,BandO RX2, MMC3,C101 L570's, Subscriber

Someone has offered me a minty SX 880 in trade for a Nak 3 head deck I have. Their prices seen similar, just dont know much about the 880 as most of my experience has been with lower end models. Is this a highly regarded unit or is all looks and no go, like its lower priced companion. Not Really a Pioneer kind of guy, so be gentle

Please register to disable this ad.

2. savatage1973

savatage1973 Addicted Member

Might be better off in Dollars & Sense with a specific model of your Nak--that way, an actual discussion of $$$ can take place. I am no Pioneer fanboy, but I have a Nak Dragon, and there are very few things that Pioneer ever built that I would trade for the Dragon.

3. john stumpf

john stumpf AK Subscriber Subscriber

cant comment on the value of the trade. i think the 880 is ok considering its a middle of the range set,i would definitely prefer an sx 850,which isnt riddled with unobtanium parts like the 80 series, the 880 has a really shoddy (in my opinion) vinyl covered particle board bonnet, and in general is not top drawer construction. that all being said they give good utility if they are rebuilt and sound nice. if you do go through with it you might want read up on the repair probs. theres one posted today inre to the protection system that would be of interest to you.