1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Been offered a SX 880 in trade

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by jimbo2k, Aug 10, 2018.

1. jimbo2k

jimbo2k Adcom GFT500, 2GFA535,BandO RX2, MMC3,C101 L570's, Subscriber

Someone has offered me a minty SX 880 in trade for a Nak 3 head deck I have. Their prices seen similar, just dont know much about the 880 as most of my experience has been with lower end models. Is this a highly regarded unit or is all looks and no go, like its lower priced companion. Not Really a Pioneer kind of guy, so be gentle

Please register to disable this ad.

2. kvining

kvining Active Member

Mid model in that series, which start I believe, at 580. I don't want to insult anybody, but I'd pay about $300 for a nice one. The x80 receivers are very well thought of, its a line known for lots of power, but you really don't get into the primo stuff that has the every increasing bells and whistles the x80 line is known for until you're 980 and above, hitting nirvana at the now $4000 and up SX-1980, what many believe to be the greatest receiver pioneer ever made. I'm not familiar with the deck but if it's worth less than $300 to you you'd be making a great deal.

3. ivandezande

ivandezande Super Member

Just redid an 880 and it's nothing really to write home about as far as build quality but it's a solid amp and I really like the watt meters and the black background on all the meters in the x8x series. Around 300 or less unrestored is a good value.