Belated Introduction & Thank You - Signing Off

Mark_71

I never did a proper introduction. My friend said it was never too late, but my shyness, even in anonymous groups, gets the better of me. Like many here, I do no social media, but I’ve been an avid reader of this forum for years and eventually a paid subscriber, something I highly recommend if you get as much out as I did.

I fit into the category of people who love music, the media, and the machines. I like playing music on the media of the period; hence I had no qualms about format. Want to hear The Who? I have the original US LP records, 45s, foreign pressings, the original cassettes, 8-tracks, and even a rare digital compact cassette. Or maybe you want to hear Tommy or Quadrophenia on the original 71/2 IPS reel, or Tommy from a radio station concert reel. I never had the golden ears of so many stereophiles - to me it either sounded good or bad.

AudioKarma helped me restore 4 receivers, 1 amplifier, 2 tuners, 4 turntables, 5 cassette decks, 2 digital cassette decks, and 1 R2R. Sometimes its was for fun, sometimes as a much needed diversion during a family health crisis. As they say, we all need a hobby, sometimes more than at other times.

Stick around long enough and you’ll realize there’s a lot of good people here and we’ve all seen examples of off-topic threads, some heart rending, that show what a compassionate group of hobbyists we have. Thank you.

And like many here, fixing and collecting can get a bit obsessive, so in the last year I finished my remaining projects on the shelf and gave away many things I no longer had use for. Better they’re being used than gathering dust.

I have to do some other things now so I’ll be signing off for a while. Thanks, again.

Mark

I hope everything is ok. We have all had reasons in our life to have to take a break from certain things. So long for now, we'll see you in the funny papers!

Do take care of yourself & know that we addicts will be here to greet ya once again! :thumbsup:

Rome

I appreciate all you’ve said. Hope you’ll be back, sooner rather than later.
Bob

Welcome to AK. Big kudos on the restoration of your audio:thumbsup: Enjoy your journey.

And in the words of Shirley Horn:
“May all your storms be weathered and all that’s good get better.”

Back
Top Bottom