Belles Aria Integrated Amp

I don't consider leaving it on as running it in. However I always leave my amps on. I didn't the Sugden and I wouldn't with a tube amp. All other solid state amps have always given me better results when left on 24/7.

Hi Art. How would you compare the Aria to Heed Elixir amp? I rem you raving abt Elixir sometime back.

And, how does the Aria sound? Lush? Snappy?

Thanks and much useful info all round

Getting close to the 250 hrs recommended break in time. The owners manual states that it takes that long. I agree. It starts to improve at about 50 hrs and just gets better. I lost my reference source and even with a mediocre backup I’m getting the best sound I’ve heard in my listening room. The Belles Aria is an outstanding amp. Highly recommended.
Getting close to the 250 hrs recommended break in time. The owners manual states that it takes that long. I agree. It starts to improve at about 50 hrs and just gets better. I lost my reference source and even with a mediocre backup I’m getting the best sound I’ve heard in my listening room. The Belles Aria is an outstanding amp. Highly recommended.

The Aria and Elixir share an uncommon richness in the midrange for solid state amps. Rich and lush without being over emphasized or too warm. The Aria has more layers of detail and better control on the bottom end. The Aira is also quieter, which allows for the music to come from a blacker background. Another strength of the Aria is greater dynamic contrasts compared to the Elixir as well as a richer tonal palette. The Aria is a better amp and by more so than than the price would indicate.

Aria arrived today! What a nice piece. Significant weight. It's hooked up and I'm listening to the Bill Evans Trio. The first think I noticed is the bass weight, much heavier compared to the Heed. I might my not need my sub for what I listen to. The second thing is more precise imaging. She'll get some hours on her this week as the wife is leaving town Thursday for a week. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this piece Art.

A few weeks in to this and I am so glad I traded in the Heed and the Sugden. The Belles has about everything I could want in a quality SS amp. Add high quality source and push go! It sounds great with either my LM cd player or my Border Patrol DAC.

Got about 25 hours on her now. Already sounds great. I can't imagine what it will sound like after 250 hours.

How are you new Aria owners getting on with your amp? The linked review I posted is a great evaluation of this amp. It just keeps getting better.

Hello Art! I must have passed the 50hour mark. Last night I listened for most of the evening and I could tell the difference. My jaw dropped several times. It’s really opening up with more detail and the sound stage is wider and deeper. There is a fullness I’ve ne
How are you new Aria owners getting on with your amp? The linked review I posted is a great evaluation of this amp. It just keeps getting better.

Hi Art, are you using the Oppo BDP-103 as a CD transport? I was thinking of getting one for movies but also as a transport. I have a high-end Sony Blu-Ray player that I feed into my DAC. It's mostly a backup in case my music server has problems. It also plays SACD's but I only have few to listen to.

Back
Top Bottom