Beomaster "Off" Toggle Switch Won't Stay Down - Please Help!

Jereostereo

I guess this is the reverse of a sticky switch... I recently found a very nice Beomaster 3000 receiver with matching 4703 Beovox speakers. I went to the expense of finding a replacement midrange for one of the speakers and new bulbs for the receiver. Made all the repairs and just at the moment of victory...the power off switch won't stay down. It is a toggle type switch that pushes down with resistance, then catches and holds to turn the main power off. On this unit, the toggle pushes down, but won't quite catch enough to hold. It just barely pops back to the up position and the unit stays on. I am guessing that deoxit may only make it slicker and less likely to hold. Maybe that is incorrect - don't know. What I am wondering - is if there is a way to increase resistance in the switch so it will catch and hold? A little talcum? If anyone has any experience with this issue please let me know. Checking the B&O website didn't reveal much - only that replacing a faulty switch is prohibitively time-consuming and complicated. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 14
So - I decided to spray with deoxit - hoping that dust or residue was affecting the switch. After spraying - I pushed the toggle down several times, and after popping quickly back up for awhile, it slowly started to catch as the deoxit was evaporating. Then it held for five push-downs. Success! Or so I thought. After stepping away, quite satisfied with myself, after about 30 seconds I heard a "pop" - the last of the deoxit had apparently evaporated and the switch no longer holds. Back to may original query then....

Back
Top Bottom