Berning TF-10 MC active loading

Thank you for your service and sorry about the costs to your health. I have a few friends who have been at it as long as you have and it’s a rough lifestyle.

We all learn and go through the curve- it’s part of the fun. And there is nothing wrong to being attracted to how gear looks. Yes, sound quality is truly of the utmost importance but if you were to stick McIntosh gear into plain project boxes, they probably wouldn’t have the cult status they do nor have stayed in business as long as they have...they know how to make sexy-ass kit!

If I’m gonna drop serious cash on a piece of gear, at least try to look like you gave a shit about the design. If that makes me a snob, I’ll gladly run for the group president.

One of the things I am usually attracted to is the engineering. If a piece of gear is well laid out ergonomically, has the right tactile feel (knobs and switches should make sense and feel good in the hand) and is designed with an eye to longevity and reliability, I’m usually sold. One of the things I like about the Berning preamp is how well laid out the board is, how clever his thinking was, and how easy it is to look inside, and not even need a schematic to see what he was doing. As much as I love ARC (the best ergonomics IMO of any company), I look inside and get a headache....sooo many parts!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom