Best 8 Track Tape Deck

Older picture, unfortunately - roughly 2010 or so. Since then, I've sold off a bunch due to lack of space in my new digs. I'm down to roughly 300 or so, mostly special stuff I'd never find and I don't have in other formats.

FWIW, I've never had a problem selling off titles, regardless of venue. Most recently I sold several dozen at a get-together called Vintage Voltage.

I'm an ex-Merrylander, BTW - lived in Baltimore, then Pikesville most of my life. Left in 1999 for Colorado. If you're old enough, you might remember Tape City Car Stereo Center in Baltimore on Reisterstown Rd., plus a second store in Towson - that was me.

Been to Buckeystown many times - probably on my way to Peter Pan. Long gone, I think?

Cheers,
Larry B.

Last edited:
Those numbers have me beat I'm just touching 1,000 - last actual count 974 but I've gotten a few since.

This is the bulk of my "collection" and all were reconditioned before first playing . Well almost all and those that weren't were what prompted me to do a rehab first. I have refurbished more than twice what I have but they were either not mine or I traded/sold/donated or gave them to someone who got a deck from me. I kind of went off the rails with hardware but those are down to 8 or 9 and I haven't bought a deck in probably 2 years.

EDIT: Would love to get to Bucky's museum sometime.

8 track.jpg

Yes I was. I thought Buckystown was a pet name or something.

So the museum is gone. Too bad, I'll have to edit it from my bucket list.

Thanks for the link, I enjoyed the article. Disjointed, but I am too.

Back
Top Bottom