Best Album Ever

Judas Priest Sad Wings of Destiny. For an album released in 1976 it is epic, IMO.

Or...Don McLean American Pie.

I have both.

Rob
agree with musichal.....just too many albums out there for any one to be "the best". But I will say this, and apologies to the OP, but anything by U2 would certainly not be on my list.
I'll second that.
Judas Priest Sad Wings of Destiny. For an album released in 1976 it is epic, IMO.

Or...Don McLean American Pie.

I have both.

Rob
I recently found a nice thrift lp of Sad Wings.Been mulling over the cover and the title...interesting but haven't listened to it yet.

The best changes...the last couple of years its been Pink Floyd Atom Heart Mother and Genesis Trespass.
There have been many "bests"along the in the last forty years.

Last night it was Love's "Forever Changes" this afternoon possibly Thelonious Monk's "Criss Cross" or "Brilliant Corners".

U2 Joshua Tree Its damn good but I might be bias
Im not actually a U2 fan either but I always enjoyed the somewhat "murky" dark production on this album - you should check out the reissue - it sounds good.

I had some of the best times in my life to the Achtung Baby album - I bought the LP reissue pack a while ago. Where else can you get a recording that was worked on by both Daniel Lanois & Brian Eno? It sounds incredible because of that IMO

Today, this one will do. Saw Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds last summer where he performed most all of the album, and it was monumental live too.

Skeleton_Tree_%28album%29.jpg

In terms of listened to most often over time, it’s TFF, “The Seeds Of Love.”

Best? I don't think anyone can say that but we sure can pick favorites.
The one record that I have played the most over the last 30 years is Love Tractor's "This Ain't No Outer Spaceship". While it's not the best record ever it's one I can't get sick of hearing.
I haven't listened to Quadrophenia in over 20 years but it was as powerful as rock albums get. Songs, performance, playing, production, all tough to top.

I have favorites in different genres. Like others have stated, too many choices that change weekly. That being said, I'm picking Disraeli Gears by Cream. Three songs from it are on my top ten list. Also, one of the greatest album covers of all time. "The tiny purple fishes go laughing through your fingers"...some wild lyrics on the LP.

I listen to many genres but the album that doesn't allow me to do other things, no matter how many times I've listened to it, is A Love Supreme by Mr. John Coltrane.

Back
Top Bottom