Best bluray movie sound and picture

91firebird

Well after watching many movies on my great sound system with a great led tv,with my wife saying turn it
Down over and over,the best bluray movie I have is Mad Max Fury Road for picture and sound,action this
Movie has it all.it is stunning,the color tones in the desert the dirt dust cars blowing up .simply put
The Best Action Movie Ever Made !!!!

I couldn't say what my best Blu-ray soundtrack was. To me "the best sound" means the best live recording, free of motion effects, explosion samples, and the like. That leaves out even my favorite sci-fi movies.

Master and Commander has an awesome soundtrack. I didn't really love the movie itself since it just wasn't really the type of movie I usually like, but it was an awesome listen. There's tons of threads about this topic on this site if you do a search (not being a smart alleck, just letting you know that you can reference those threads for some ideas since not everyone will reply to this thread).

Last edited:
Master and Commander has an awesome soundtrack. I didn't really love the movie itself since it just wasn't really the type of movie I usually like, but it was an awesome listen. There's tons of threads about this topic on this site if you do a search (not being a smart alleck, just letting you know that you can reference those threads for some ideas since not everyone will reply to this thread).

Master and Commander is actually one of my favorites. Can't think of any other Rule Brittania film that comes close except Mutiny on the Bounty which is good but not great.

Ben Hur; the 1959 MGM one, not the pathetic remake. Shot in 65mm anamorphic with multi track magnetic sound. The score by Miklos Rozsa is IMO the best in the history of movies.

The movie was transferred to bluray with painstaking care and looks and sounds as good as anything I've seen on the format and that's taking into account such superb looking and sounding discs as Lawrence of Arabia and West Side Story.

Last edited:
Master and Commander is actually one of my favorites. Can't think of any other Rule Brittania film that comes close except Mutiny on the Bounty which is good but not great.

The 1962 Marlon Brando Mutiny on the Bounty was shot in anamorphic 65mm (MGM Camera 65, later called Ultra Panavision) with multi track magnetic sound and despite being a pretty mediocre and laughably inaccurate movie it looked and sounded first rate (MGM had the best sound department in Hollywood, thus the best in the world). I think the
bluray looks and sounds very good.

Last edited:
Mitty and MI-5 are still the best I've seen. Roger Waters The Wall is a real treat if your system is also Atmos capable.

Back
Top Bottom