Best/Coolest Looking Tuners

I recently received an Arcam Delta 280 FM Tuner as a replacement for my McIntosh MR67 and Fisher FM-1000 as they undergo a refit. It sounds fine and pulls in stations well, but not as good as the McIntosh or Fisher when they function properly.

The rest of the stuff in the photo includes a McIntosh MC225, a C11, an MA6200 and an Arcam CD72.

Attachments

• Arcam Delta 280 FM Tuner 002.jpg
    Arcam Delta 280 FM Tuner 002.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Arcam Delta 280 FM Tuner 004.jpg
    Arcam Delta 280 FM Tuner 004.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 98
Braun was mentioned by name earlier in the thread but I don't see any images. Here are two of my faves, designed by Dieter Rams in the 1960s. Clean, elegant, and superbly easy to use.The CE251 FM tuner, and the RT 20 FM radio. +1 on Tivoli radio, I use one in the kitchen every day. (Sure wish I had a Braun!!!!)

Attachments

• BraunCE251.jpg
    BraunCE251.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 139
  • braun9.jpg
    braun9.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
TRIO/Kenwood L-02T FM only tuner.

030_zpsuwocoo22.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

For about 15 years I used an Audiolab 8000S and 8000CD. I always wished I'd sprung for an 8000T but I bought a Magnum Dynalab FT11 instead which often drifted alot and I wound up not it using much. I'm not sure how sexy looking this is but I've always regretted not getting one.

Audiolab%208000T%20Tuner.jpg

Last edited:
I think the Kenwood 600T is the coolest looking tuner. You can't go wrong with this tuner since it is a top tier performer as well. Great meters and the best knobs I have ever played with.

It's very similar looking to my Kenwood KT-8300, which I recently had realigned. Tuner needle no longer a station or two off now.

For about 15 years I used an Audiolab 8000S and 8000CD. I always wished I'd sprung for an 8000T but I bought a Magnum Dynalab FT11 instead which often drifted alot and I wound up not it using much. I'm not sure how sexy looking this is but I've always regretted not getting one.

Audiolab%208000T%20Tuner.jpg

Same here, should have grabbed one when I was selling them.

Same here, should have grabbed one when I was selling them.
the audiolab 8000t is a decent looking digital tuna. sonically, i found it in the group of "best sounding tuna". superb, definitely in my personal "class a".

doug s.

I have always liked the looks of the Pioneer TX series (9100). Just something about that blue dial, and it sounds great.

:thmbsp:

Purchased the 9100 combo (SA/TX) in '73 or '74 ,don't recall now. Whether or not the tuner was in use, I always kept it on. At night, it was kinda mesmerizing. Listened to a lot of Laker games on it.

the audiolab 8000t is a decent looking digital tuna. sonically, i found it in the group of "best sounding tuna". superb, definitely in my personal "class a".

doug s.

Even the Canadian distributor was regretting not having kept one for himself. Then he got a pretty messed up unit in for service that the owner was not willing to pay what it would cost to fix so he bought it from him.

Back
Top Bottom