Best/Coolest Looking Tuners

Well, although some will probably think it ugly, I really like the fairly sparse, somewhat industrial looks of the Kenwood L-02T:

Kenwood_L02T.jpg

If only they weren't so rare and expensive...

I loved the small size and looks of this Sony Tuner. Bought one off of E-bay. Its performance was sub-par and I soon got rid of it.
agreed - but at least it's cheap, unlike the s/s mcintosh's which sound no better.

doug s.

ps - i still have mine, but my mac's are long gone...

I've posted this pic of the HK tuner I had many times, so here is my nomination. It just takes me back to the days of when I owned a few earlier model cars with their "in your face" dashboard lights.

Gallery.jpg

08040023.jpg

Those old Heathkit tuners are chick magnets! I have GOT to get me some of that! Lower the lights, put on the local classic R&B station (maybe they're playing some Barry White!) and you're in like Flynn! Stunning!

Those old Heathkit tuners are chick magnets! I have GOT to get me some of that! Lower the lights, put on the local classic R&B station (maybe they're playing some Barry White!) and you're in like Flynn! Stunning![/QUOTE

Barry White my ass. You cant go wrong with the Commodores. Take it from me, it never failed

Vintage_Kenwood_AM_FM_Stereo_Tuner_Model_KT_5300_fd4fc305ed4424c4aea2_1.jpg s-l640.jpg

For years I had a cheap, but cute little RS TM-102 tuner (right). I used to call it a "baby Kenwood" as they definitely copied the look (left). I don't however, recommend the "baby Kenwood" if you want quality.

Well, although some will probably think it ugly, I really like the fairly sparse, somewhat industrial looks of the Kenwood L-02T:

Kenwood_L02T.jpg

If only they weren't so rare and expensive...

I'm all about simplicity, but the proportions of that tuner are...weird.

Ok read the whole thread so i had to suggest a few good looking ones not yet mentioned ! my first choices where of course already mentioned but here goes... any of these will generate conversation if your guests see them in your living room.

47 Labs midnight blue 4730 tuner (actually a recent production)
http://www.ultrahighendreview.com/36829/

Meitner museatex FMT with real wood, acrylic top and simple front panel but requires a remote. Just zen and classy.
Can't find a web picture that does it justice. Guess i have take a picture of mine and post it.

Burmester 978 (FM jewelry? But not just looks it sits with the best tuners)

And 2 european tube tuners never seen outside of europe
Swiss
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-H4H4P_LHQLw/VkTMTBwqZII/AAAAAAAAMkg/On0GSaulOjM/s1600/tubner.jpg
French
http://www.gold-vintage-experience.com/boutique/tuners/esart-fmd.html

Paba

Interesting looking tuners. Especially the 47 Labs - never seen before. The other two look quite common for the time period they are from.

There have been loads of really good looking, iconic tuners over the years. I would like to think that I have two of them myself, both in near mint condition. One is the Yamaha TX-1000U, the other a Carver TX-11a. Both sound different from one another, but both sound great as well. The thing I like about these two in particular are their features, their clean looks, and the way they are able to pull in stations, especially the Carver. I'm using a C.Crane FM Reflect on the Yamaha and a Magnum Dynalab ST-2 on the Carver.

Of course, a good antenna to get a good clean signal goes a long way.

p2180441745-5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom