Best Denon integrated amplifier

I bypassed the amp on my Denon 2106 with an old DBX 300w amp and got a major improvement in sound.

My vote would go for the PMA-S1:
http://www.thevintageknob.org/denon-PMA-S1.html
http://audio-database.com/DENON-COLUMBIA/amp/pma-s1-e.html
pma-s1.JPG

I have the lowly PMA-7.5L:
http://audio-database.com/DENON-COLUMBIA/amp/pma-7_5l-e.html
pma-7_5l.JPG

Pics are the ones linked from the Audio-Database site, so props to Audio-Database.

Denon PMA 950 integrated amp

Hi,

This is the Denon PMA 950, forerunner (1980) of the PMA 790. To me one of the best Denon integrated amp's with impressive sound. And to my opinion, much nicer and luxurious design.

Attachments

• 20140201_145829.jpg
    20140201_145829.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
My favorite Denon so far is PMA-250 (1st version). Strange, it being a very low power unit compared to many other Denons I heard and everything mentioned in this thread. Not for power hungry tower speakers, but one of the best amps for small systems.

My first dive into vintage Denon gear was a PMA - 777 . Ever since, I have been searching for more of the same. This gear just sounds amazing ! Denon PMA = <3 <3 <3

Hi,

This is the Denon PMA 950, forerunner (1980) of the PMA 790. To me one of the best Denon integrated amp's with impressive sound. And to my opinion, much nicer and luxurious design.

The PMA-950 is the little brother of the PMA-970. I once had a PMA-970. Knobs etc. was a bit better in quality on the 970 compared to the later 790.

I had the Denon PMA-2000IVR. It was a very nice int. amplifier. They have some nicer amps out there, but the build quality and sound were top notch.

ho hum.... Denon's are very very good amps./ and other stuff they put their brand on.

The OP question would require anyone to honestly respond? Would require one to own everything Denon ever made (not including speaker choices).. to give an opinion.

All in all most of these threads have value because of good pictures but once they get too long nobody is willing to go through a few hundred pages regardless.

ho hum.... Denon's are very very good amps./ and other stuff they put their brand on.

The OP question would require anyone to honestly respond? Would require one to own everything Denon ever made (not including speaker choices).. to give an opinion.

All in all most of these threads have value because of good pictures but once they get too long nobody is willing to go through a few hundred pages regardless.

Dang, good morning sunshine! Here is my PMA1520, good lord this thing sounds great through my HPM900's!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 159
Denon PMA-757 here. Honestly, in terms of pure sonics, it's probably the favorite vintage amp I've owned, most likely because it doesn't really sound vintage to me.

Also have a Denon PMA-2000R I haven't gotten around to fixing.

hi rotini..

Wonder how the denon pma - 757 stands with the newer pma-2000r in term of comparison. Do let us know

A couple of years ago I picked up this Denon PMA-SA11 integrated amp. It is a 65lb beast that is rated at 120W at 8 Ohm and power rating doubles as speaker impedance halves.

I have been using it with Infinity RS2.5 speakers in place of an Adcom GFA555 that is on a break for updates.

Denon_PMA-SA11_6a.jpg

A couple of years ago I picked up this Denon PMA-SA11 integrated amp. It is a 65lb beast that is rated at 120W at 8 Ohm and power rating doubles as speaker impedance halves.

I have been using it with Infinity RS2.5 speakers in place of an Adcom GFA555 that is on a break for updates.

Denon_PMA-SA11_6a.jpg

I think that is the amp I have been looking for!! NICE!

I lucked out on my PMA-860 INTERGRATED. Found this at a Goodwill and Shines through my a/d/s L1090's dailey.
Not sure how it compares with the other Denon Intergrateds above though.

OPUS

Back
Top Bottom