Best football names

millerdog

The Mod Squad
I got a theory that an NFL QB has to have the right name in order to make it big. Hell, any NFL player has to have the right kind of name.
Examples
QBs:
Joe Montana
Dan Marino
John Elway
Johnny Unitas
Kenny Stabler
Rejects:
Art Schlicter?
Rick Mirer
Jim Zorn (somehow has the ring, but not quite)
Akili Smith
Cabe McNowan....sounds like a cheap western movie

You get it...
Guys like Dick Butkus rock, while other greats like Bill Bergy and Jeff Seimon kinda get unrecognized. Jack Lambert, and Jack Ham are cool. But Wally Hildenburg...who remembers him?
Okay! Your favorite NFL players names!

I once met his uncle I think, the late Nick Maafala. Talk about a very large person! Yeah, his shadow was larger than me.;)
How about todays Hawaii draft pick from San Diego, Pisa Tinoisamoa?
One name sticks with me though: Lynn Swan. Here's a dude with a chicks name who does the ballet of the swans on the gridiron. No one has ever and I don't think ever will catch a ball like Swanny. I hated the Steelers!:mad:

I always liked Jim Stuckey, DE SF '80-'87(?). Stuck by Stuckey! I can remember when Brent Jones (TE) was first announced. What
a la-la name I thought. Man, what a tough SOB he turned out to be!

LOL! Brent Jones! who woulda thought!
Reminds me of the great Bert Jones of the Colts. See, I think if he had a different name, he woulda rocked! No linebacker respects a dude named Bert.
One of the great Niner names: Ted Kwalick!
Here's a good name comparison: First pick Carson Palmer or last years David Carr?
Think of all the Bengals QBs....they all sucked since a guy named...Boomer!:D
Actually Phil Simms shoulda sucked too based on my theory, but maybe he was a mutant.;)

"Actually Phil Simms shoulda sucked too based on my theory, but maybe he was a mutant."

Not being a Giants fan I could go with that. But he was a
darn good one. Bert Jones does kinda take the cake, a pretty-boy mug too as I recall

Back
Top Bottom