Best Headphones in $200.00 range

Right now I have been simply using a set of ear buds I got with my phone. In laymen's terms, I have to turn it up a little more and fiddle with controls to hear better when I am using them with my Sony 7065. It's okay (and better than nothing) but I would still like better. I have enjoyed reading all these opinions and yet still myself with this thought ...

So yeah it's all about matching the right gear with the given set of cans.

So what would be a few good headphone for this set-up? And do I need a headphone amp? For my needs, I cannot have noise leak so preferable that they are closed.

I went with the Beyerdynamic custom one pros, mainly because I love the heavy bass that these headphones are meant to give you. A week in and I'm over the moon with them.

My 2ct is a Beyerdynamic 911. It's a vitnage Type with 250Ohm. So it is well usable with a SS amp. In my opinion resolution is a little better than at the actual 990 model.

Someone already mentioned Sony 7506, 7509 for a little more bass. The 7509 are a little bigger.

Remote Audio makes a set that contains the 7506 drivers, has a very solid exterior and has a soft rubber type material that completely seals around the ear. Similar to those green pilot headsets.

Back
Top Bottom