Best headphones without spending a fortune.!

Discussion in 'Headphones' started by DVjorge, Dec 16, 2017.

1. cratz2

cratz2 Addicted Member

Nevermind... I'm an idiot.

:p

I thought you were talking about the Sennheiser HD660.

2. Eldin

Eldin Active Member

Well to give my input eh? I went to guitar center to test the fabled M50's out. I personally thought they were a bit too bass heavy compared to the dt770's that were also there to test. Now by no means is the m50 a bad headphone but honestly from my own opinionated testing, the DT770's are the better buy (plus they are immensely comfortable :) )

cratz2 likes this.
  3. cratz2

cratz2 Addicted Member

The M50s are more of a fun headphone than a remotely accurate headphone.

The 770/880/990 are definitely very comfortable in my opinion.

The M50s is a bit bass heavy. The 770 is bass as well. The difference to me between these two phones is the 770 is gratingly aggressive in the highs in my opinion. The M50 isn't esp clear or detailed in the treble, but I don't find the M50s nearly as fatiguing as the 770s.

Having said that, if I listened to well recorded music exclusively, I'd go for the 770s over the M50s. I'd go for the M50s if I listened to music with a fair bit of mediocre prosecution values mixed in there. Of course, id definirely go for the 880 over the 770s or the M50s.

4. 59volvo

59volvo Well-Known Member

koss porta pro

cratz2 likes this.
  5. RichTassoni

RichTassoni Active Member

Have the M50x love them, for me the base very good.

cratz2 likes this.
  6. Alobar

Alobar Pulling out of the Last Chance Texaco.. Subscriber

Anybody tried the Senn HD 579, 599's? I read so many reviews, both by the writers and user input and finally chose the HD579 for no particular reason other than it was in my budget and that was where on the dartboard it landed. Should be here on Sat!! :banana:

cratz2 likes this.
  7. oldflame

oldflame New Member

Somebody at Stereophile went gaga over the Thinksound On2 and gave it an "A" rating. I liked the description and so took a chance. The $200 minus $50 gift card ($150 total!) seems a bargain for these on - ear, closed - back, wood, phones with comfy ear pads. I really like them, but I haven't heard really expensive "A" rated phones yet.