Best IPA I remember having.

similost

Rockin and Rollin....
Drinking one now.. YUM!!!

Flying Dog, their IPA.. VERY TASTY! It has a very nice floral flavor to the hops.. best IPA I think I've ever had. Worth the try if you find any.

:beer:

:thmbsp:

I'll look for that one. Thanks for the heads-up.

Along those lines, I adore the Sweetwater 420 Ale. Anyone?

Looking at the website... Is that the "Snake Dog" India pale ale or the standard pale ale?

The standard pale ale has some good awards. Sounds like normal "IPA". The "Snake Dog" is 7.1%. that'll get ya going fer sure!

Hi,

Sweetwater 420, very tasty! Flying Dog, also very tasty! I love good IPA, the lubrication which makes my engines tick. :tresbon: Never met a Sweetwater beer I didn't like and they are quite available. If ya get a chance to try some, I recommend any beer by Highland Brewery in Asheville, NC.

I picked up some of the "standard" flying dog this afternoon. I'll post a reaction in a couple of hours...

In the NE, look for Arrogant Bastard IPA - very nice!!

Very good stuff... been drinking it for a few years, but this Flying Dog Snake IPA is something completely different.. very floral tasting hops. Like none I've ever tasted. Not the flat out bitter like Arrogant...

Not my favorite, but I enjoyed Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA, which I slightly preferred to the 120 minute IPA when comparing to their classes. Both were among the best IPAs I've had, the 120 minute being the 4 strongest beer I've drank.

I never was a dogfish head fan.. no idea why, but never cared for their beer much...

I tried a couple Dogfish Head beers when I was out there in your area and I wasn't blown away either.

As for a good IPA, I have always been fond of the Avery Brewing IPA. :thmbsp:

Ohh, and one last thing. Arrogant Bastard is NOT an IPA. The same brewery (Stone Brewing Co.) makes a couple different IPA's, Stone IPA and Ruination IPA. Both are good too but the ruination is a bit much for me..

I like the Avery stuff too.. and Yes.. I should have mentioned that about the Arrogant not being IPA, but Stone does have a couple. I'm like you, I like them, but nothing special like this Flying Dog was. The Stone IPAs are a lot more better on the hops.

The Flying Dog Standard is pretty darn tasty. Very hoppy, but in a floral-not-bitter way. It is not a heavy brew at all, easy to put away. If that is the "mild" IPA, I can imagine what the "strong" is! I think I get the original point, the hops are not bitter, rather extremely floral and peat-ey. There is a word I just made up. You could take these hops to the extreme and have a very refreshing brew. Good beer.

The floral taste reminds me of how good Scotch can be floral. If that makes any sense.

Try some Surly Furious (Brooklyn Center, MN) if you can find it. Dunno if it classifies as a true IPA, but it's along that style.

It comes in a 4-pack of 16oz cans. It's hard to spot in the beer cooler because the can design looks like it would be for one of those rocket fuel energy drinks.

Back
Top Bottom