best late night snack

Codesix

Late night snacks may vary from something sweet or just a bag of popcorn. My favorite snack is a can of Brunswick mustard sardines on a Ritz cracker with a dollop of horseradish sauce. IMHO it tastes as good as a Grouper sandwich. The wife is not a fan, and I spend ample time brushing and gargling, but hey, it’s worth it. What’s say you...

I had to cut out most post-dinner snacks--too fattening, and bad for the hypertension. I will have a small bit of trail mix as "dessert" an hour or two after dinner, as I'm usually up working into the wee hours.

Maybe, about 7 or so years ago, I would sometimes get the hunger`s well after dinner, and I`m sure my selection would make normal heath minded, elevated in age, folks freak out !!

How about a pound (pre-cooked of course) pack of thick sliced bacon, or sausages, (links, or patties,) + 4 extra large jumbo eggs sunny side up, or scrambled, and if feeling really adventurous 3/4 pack of Johnsonville Italian sausage (mild, or sweet ) broiled in the convection oven, and washed down any of it with a big glass of very cold whole milk, or half & half..

Then to polish off that heathy late night snack afterwards.. a couple of G & T`s with a Winston or two before hitting the sack to listen my arteries creak and moan, being I was around 54 years old !!

Good stuff then, but I don`t do that anymore, not for heath concerns, mind you, doing so sometimes screwed with my sleep !!

A few pretzel chips ("everything" bagel flavor) with thin slices of pepperoni and a dab of brown mustard. Often I'll have it with wine, but many times I'll just have the chips and pepperoni slices.

Back
Top Bottom