Best-Looking Knobs

The mostly under appreciated Concept line of receivers from Pacific Stereo. Yes, I'm a fan boy/small scale collector. But, build quality was second to none of their contemporaries in the '70s and they consistently outperformed the likes of Pioneer, Kenwood, Sony, etc. Switches are super solid and the flywheel action on the tuner knob is very slick. I've had this one since about '79 and have never done anything to it except a little switch cleaning recently.

Concept.jpg

Agree. My sons college roommate had one...some of the controls were laid out a bit differently but the quality was there.

noticed the other day I have some nice knobs in use

DSCF1917.jpg

DSCF1920.jpg

DSCF1924.jpg

DSCF1928.jpg

DSCF1910.jpg

Some of the most unusual knobs were used on this Kenwood from the early 80's. It was a decent amp, not great with the ADS speakers I had back then. But the gimmicky features were intriguing. They included a drop down glass dust cover, a dimming fader control, volume slider and feedback speaker wires:idea:.

kenwood-ka-900.jpg

Last edited:
When I assembled the Volt+ ( think hot rod TPA3118 ) in it's case my only option was a side volume control. Looks a bit strange but it works. The knob came from a car radio and uses a tapered facet washer. The amp is small compared to it's massive Astron power supply and they're velcro'ed together. Closest SQ to a SET amp without tubes.

PA250050.jpg

Back
Top Bottom